Forums Latest Members
  1. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 13, 2019

Please take good care of the cup. Please make a note in your diary to drop it off at the United Center 1901 West Madison Ave, Chicago IL, this time next year. 34629946-C291-49A3-BE6D-0F48A512E4AC.jpeg

Mark020, ahartfie, Andy K and 2 others like this.
  2. Wryfox Jun 13, 2019

oh lord the Bs just gave it away....

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 13, 2019

Great series & a roller coaster for sure. As you said, playoff hockey is a different beast!::popcorn::

. FIFY::stirthepot::
    BFAD9C2F-10C3-4488-A2E6-8E770065BE34.jpeg
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=26961498

Edited Jun 13, 2019
    Larry S and UncleBuck like this.
  4. lillatroll Jun 13, 2019

My wife is a big hockey fan.Last year, while living in Malawi we watched the Stanley Cup. At the end she said I had to pick a team to support but it could not be one of the glory teams who win all the time. I said I had to get a t shirt so I went to Amazon and the only t shirt they had that I liked and was in my size was The St.Louis Blues so that became my team. She laughed and said they had not won anything and they had only been to the finals once, but I said that was going to be my team, low and behold, they win it in my rookie fan year. Go Blues.

Larry S, ahartfie, CJpickup57 and 2 others like this.
  5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 13, 2019

Been a Blues fan since their first year 1967, I was in high school and we formed a team even though some of us couldn't skate!
    Took my Son to his first game when he was six, now he's 46 and called me late last night with a tear in his eye.

A victory, a sweet victory for the Barc Plager's, Doug Wickenheiser's, Eddie Kea's, Pavol Demitra's and all the Blues over the years that gave their all and left us too soon.

It hasn't sunk in yet, please don't wake me up from this dream!

gemini4, Larry S, gatorcpa and 4 others like this.
  6. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 13, 2019

We were in the finals the first 3 years representing the expansion teams but had never won a finals game.

Our last loss in the 1970 Stanley cup was to Boston by the way.
    How about some paybacks!

gemini4, Larry S and Darlinboy like this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 13, 2019

My team was ABB...Anybody But Boston...

So I'm happy! :thumbsup:

But to be honest, even though it may be downright "un-Canadian" of me, the hockey playoffs have not been top of mind this spring...

Hoping Game 6 tonight is the final game!

8. BatDad Jun 13, 2019

Very subdued mood on the T this morning....

Was there a game last night??

ahartfie and Darlinboy like this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 13, 2019

Sad Brad (a.k.a. "the licker")...

Sad Brad.jpg

10. RI Omega Fan Jun 13, 2019

I probably shouldn’t have “liked“ Archer’s photo of a sad Brad Marchand since we’re here in southern New England, right in the heart of the Red Sox Nation, etc. etc.

But I thought it was funny.

Darlinboy and ahartfie like this.
  11. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 13, 2019

At the end of the first, when Brad gave up and quit defending Pietrangelo, slowly skating to the bench for a change because he was so tired and allowed our skipper to move in on Rask and score with 7 seconds, I knew they were beat!

Hats off to Rask, Chara and some fine players for the Bruins, it sure was a seesaw series!

BatDad and Darlinboy like this.
  12. BatDad Jun 13, 2019

Have to agree with this. Bruins didn't seem to want it. Two nothing in the first. I couldn't see them coming back from that.

Darlinboy likes this.
  13. CJpickup57 Jun 13, 2019

F::censored::ing rat ... As a player all my life, he is a scumbag. IMO of course.

14. Walrus Jun 13, 2019

It is true, we Boston fans win so much we get tired of winning. It’s good to feel how the regular people feel once in a while

15. KAP Jun 13, 2019

humm...growing up in the 70s and 80s in the suburbs of Boston, I can say I know what it was like to be the outcast fans for the Red Sox and Patriots. What comes around goes around. Arrogance will come around.

BatDad, UncleBuck and Larry S like this.
  16. lillatroll Jun 14, 2019

Was that why Boston fans were booing when the blues lifted the trophy? I thought that was shockingly poor behavior. I would be embarrassed to support that team.

UncleBuck likes this.
  17. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 14, 2019

Plenty of poor fan behavior to go around in this series, though I must say Boston did edge the Blues in scoring with several world-class boors. "Boorish Bragging Rights" (Mom must be so proud) go to the guy who was flipping the bird behind the Stanley Cup on national television just before it was presented to the Blues - classy behavior that was visibly embarrassing even to his fellow fans.

Anyway, my vote for MVC (most valuable commercial) goes to another @Walrus ...

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/InlY/geico-walrus-goalie

Almost as good as Binnington!

UncleBuck likes this.
  18. Mac5 Jun 14, 2019

MY BLUES FINALLY WON!!!
    And seeing "The Rat" cry was the icing on the cake!
    Got my eyes on a repeat next season! LET'S GO BLUES!!!!

UncleBuck likes this.
  19. GeorgeBailey2 Jun 14, 2019

Would anyone's loser tears taste sweeter? (maybe Dale Hunter's or Scott Stevens')

Congrats to Craig Berube for getting the team to gel and play with such sustained tenacity. Also to Brayden Schenn, who, hopefully brought 2 future cup winners to the Flyers (Frost and Farabee). Praying it will be the 2nd time the Blues help bring the Cup to Philly.

While I was too young to see the series in years one and two that shaped the Flyers strategy for success. At the age of 7, I was at the game in 72 when the Blues went into the stands after the 2nd period because Al Arbour had a beer dumped on him.

Larry S, UncleBuck and Darlinboy like this.
  20. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 14, 2019

While I smile when I remember it, it wasn't our greatest moment of sportsmanship!
    images.jpg

I do like the new term "Massholes".
    We got Boston's fans to pummel each other.

Mac5 likes this.