Forums Latest Members
  1. Zhengge Aug 2, 2019

Dear all Omega experts, I am sorry to bother you guys!

I have recently bought an Omega Constellation watch unter number 14900 SC-62 with dome dials. In internet I can only find pie pan dials under this number. Were they supplied with other dials as well? In the Omega database I can not find any information on this. Can you give me some suggestions on it?

Another point is that after reading Desmond's article about counterfeit 14900 SC-62 cases, I was even confused if I bought the fake one (Unfortunately I bought this watch before reading his article...) . In attachment I will send some pictures of this Omega. Can you guys take a look and let me know if it is the original one or not?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Best regards
    Zhengge

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (10).jpg s-l1600 (11).jpg
  2. ConElPueblo Aug 2, 2019

Sure, I have one like it.

Reference numbers do not tell anything about dial type, 14900 designates a cal. 551 in a dog-leg lugged case just like yours.

Mark020 and Foo2rama like this.
  3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 2, 2019

Welcome @Zhengge
    As @ConElPueblo says, all good.
    The ‘missing text’ dial is a known variation.

4. Zhengge Aug 2, 2019

thanks a lot bro! I saw similar ones with No. 14900 SC-61, would there be any difference?

5. Zhengge Aug 2, 2019

Thanks a lot! I got it for around 700 USD,is this a fair price for this condition?

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 3, 2019

The case looks to be pretty good.
    Obviously there is some spotting patination on the dial but I think $700 is a good price for your Connie.

You will need to get it serviced if you haven’t already done so, as you have some rotor rub going on.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. Zhengge Aug 3, 2019

thanks a lot!Do you suggest to do it in Omega service Center or any watch repair shop would be enough? How much could it take?

Cheers

8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 3, 2019

The usual advice is to avoid Omega but don’t go to ‘any watch repair shop’.
    Apart from the high cost, Omega will refurbish your watch ruining its originality.
    If you give a rough idea of where you are, you should get some recommendations for trusted independent watch makers.
    Cost - depends where you are and who you use - around $2-300?

9. Zhengge Aug 3, 2019

Dear Peemacgee, thanks a lot for the suggestion! I am located in Duesseldorf Germany. Let me know if you have any idea :) Besides, how is the normal performance of a serviced Constellation? -+5s/day?
    Another stupid question: is the 551 movement has manual function? I rolled the crown almost 60 rounds but I still couldn't feel it is coming to end...

Thanks a lot!

10. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 3, 2019

The Constellation movements are chronometer grade and whilst it is probably beyond original specs, they can (if in good nick) achieve amazing accuracy when serviced.
    The movement is automatic.
    You could wind until blue in the face and it wouldn’t come to a stop

Edited Aug 4, 2019
  11. Zhengge Aug 3, 2019

HAHAHA... I could imaging... Thanks lot! I will go to a recommended local watch maker shop and ask for service suggestions

Thanks again for all the help :)

12. Passover Aug 3, 2019

Greetings from Münster!

Düsseldorf is my hometown...

Cheers

EDIT If you need suggestions for servicing your watch you can send me a PM

Crown is from a Seamaster (I think) but no big issue...

13. Zhengge Aug 4, 2019

Hi! I just move to Neuss two years ago. I will PM you if further help is needed ;-)