Forums Latest Members
  1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 11, 2013

Ok I don't know what happened but I just got a email from antiqouorum with invoice in it for lot 147 rose grand luxe...
    called them back and spoke with the accountant who has no clue what she is doing doesn't have any answers ....
    anyways I won it :) not sure if it is like second chance or if it is a system glitch which i misunderstood

Anyways i am yet to complete the payment ....waiting on the accountant to call me back...

not happy with the antiquorum with so much huge turn over they should have better software and knowledged employees... 25% commission should provide better service.

I am surprised when I read the dsio post that they had a franken seamaster ... I thought they are prestigious in this auction thing...it's defeating if we have to be as cautious as any other eBay purchase.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

I find AQ's work fairly sloppy. I agree that for the commissions they charge the descriptions should be more accurate.

Prestige doesn't always equal knowledge.
    gatorcpa

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

A high price is not a guarantee of anything...

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Apr 11, 2013

So you have 2 now? lol dang baller!

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 11, 2013

looks like my dibs will come earlier than I expected.:D while my watch fund is low now, this is the watch that I have to find fund for.

6. kendrick Apr 11, 2013

Congratulations! Glad to see its going to someone here on the forums:thumbsup:

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

So..Have you decided yet just how many of these Grand Luxe thingys you're going to collect, 6, 12, what?::confused2::
    Have you eye on any platinums yet? Inquiring minds want to know.:)

8. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 11, 2013

i didn't really want to bid on this but It just happened my heart was racing when i placed the bid ...
    I basically 11k was my cutoff so that it will be below 15 ... Glad I got for the price I wanted...

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

I inspected this watch personally and was the one who placed the bid below you. I decided to pull back on my max bid because the case and bracelet had some polish and had some dings and scratches on the side from some sloppy case opening attempts. The dial also had a slight bit of patina.
    I thought the YG example you won on ebay was in better shape than the one in AQ. I think though that the price you won it at was not out of line considering the condition of the watch.

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

Also personally for me while the grand luxe connies are without question beautiful watches, for that kind of money I think I would rather have a nice early speedmaster.

11. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 11, 2013

Well that's what I thought when the time remaining bar came to end and no body bid on it but it is my last minute thought that even if I end up overpaying by 500 bucks... It still should be worth more in Couple of years .... I checked the other same reference number with a lower quality report went for a very high price... so it's not a great buy but it's not a bad buy though right? I mean rose grand luxe below 15 should be decent or did I go overboard

12. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 11, 2013

Anyways to me now antiquorum no better than eBay ...
    actually ebay is better atleast you most probably get free shipping better payment options

13. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Apr 11, 2013

I would say the price is fair for the condition stated. It would be in the 15000 or so range with less polishing. Your YG example is a good example of quality. Hold onto it and you will be sure not to worry about value unless the price of gold falls through the floor lol.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

Group photo time when you get it, I'm not sure anyone has done a group shot with two colours of GL before

15. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 11, 2013

will do ... i lack photo skills though

16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

Send them to me and I will be happy to photograph them backwards and forwards, inside and out. No charge.

17. seamonster Respectable Member Apr 11, 2013

Respectable Member sumerian

Congratulations.

Worry not about your photography skill. Your bidding skill is admirable. You managed to bag two classics, within a period of just 5 minutes. Both your masterpieces are a dream, for many of us.

Thank-you.

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2013

You've done well, probably need to come up with a custom title...

19. ulackfocus Apr 11, 2013

You're second on that list. I volunteered weeks ago I think.

20. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 11, 2013

Honorable member Seamonster looks like you have a silver tongue :thumbsup:.
    while you are at it why dont you wish that i will win the next mega millions ;) ..on a second thought how about a 18k Flightmaster :D