Forums Latest Members

CONFIRMED: New Speedy Tuesday Tomorrow, July 10th

1. ras47 Jul 9, 2018

Just got the email from my local Omega Boutique. 6:00 AM Tomorrow on Instagram.

Good Afternoon,
    Greetings from the Omega boutique in the Mall at Short Hills! We are very excited to let you know that Omega is going to launch the new Speedy Tuesday tomorrow morning, July 10th, at 6:00am on Instagram.
    As you are aware the Speedy Tuesday from last year sold out in 4 hours. Set your Alarms!
    You can choose which boutique you would like your Speedy Tuesday shipped to, it is our hope that you will choose the Short Hills Boutique.
    Warmest Regards,

ST 2018-07-09 copy.png
    www.omegawatches.com

2. Riviera Paradise Jul 9, 2018

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see if other Omega boutiques send out this e-mail as well. I thought there was some degree of secrecy...perhaps the North American boutiques have been given some freedom to warn their clients?

3. bloomy Jul 9, 2018

I wonder how they will incorporate us folks who got the "front of the queue" email?

abrahamovic and rohnin like this.
  4. ras47 Jul 9, 2018

I'll be at work starting at 4:00 AM until about 9:00 AM. So if I hustle, I just *might* get one this time. :(

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 9, 2018

6am what time zone????

KstateSkier and david5807 like this.
  6. TheHoof Jul 9, 2018

Based on the email - one would assume the timezone of the dealer in New Jersey

david5807 likes this.
  7. ras47 Jul 9, 2018

Eastern Standard Time, I assume. GMT -4. Unless it's that stupid Daylight Savings Time. :(

8. repoman Jul 9, 2018

The announcement is noon at HQ (CEST (UTC +2) ... so 3:00am PDT for us west coasters.

To answer an earlier question, my local boutique had informed me of these details as well.

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 9, 2018

Setting alarm.

10. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2018

Hi all

Well it’s takes all the “ special” out of the ST . If you ask my opinion ...

What was great about the OST ( Original Speedy Tuesday ) .

Was a total surprise and was a project of blood sweat and tears ... from one collector to others !

I might be a killer watch ... but

Bill

watchme, lando, frederico and 11 others like this.
  11. BenBagbag Jul 9, 2018

Well they don't call it Special Tuesday :D

Tet likes this.
  12. WatchWalker Jul 9, 2018

Anyone any idea how this edition could look?

13. repoman Jul 9, 2018

I seriously considered putting my Speedy Tuesday up for sale because of this... but I decided I liked it enough that I don't care if it drops in value, which it probably will. Look what just happened to the CK 2998 from 2016... it lost a little value in the resale market, but as soon as the new one was announced this year, boom, bottom fell out on that piece. WTF Omega, please stop doing this to your loyal customers, you are pissing us off.

td69, watchme, lando and 4 others like this.
  14. Riviera Paradise Jul 9, 2018

Spot on Bill. It certainly will be a "killer" watch;). Omega apparently can't resist infanticide and killing their own children every year:D

connieseamaster likes this.
  15. Meme-Dweller Jul 9, 2018

Dude, I don't really feel like getting up at 5 am CT tomorrow for this.

Larry S likes this.
  16. tyrantlizardrex Jul 9, 2018

Once they’ve got the cash, they really don’t care.

Until next time they want some cash... ;)

lando, Jwit, Larry S and 2 others like this.
  17. Riviera Paradise Jul 9, 2018

I purchased #ST1 because I think it looked like one of the coolest Speedies ever. To be honest the whole #SpeedyTuesday community link was never a factor for me. In fact I would have preferred to just have the Alaska Project reference on the case back:rolleyes:

Well at least with Robert-Jan involved we have someone interested in preserving to a certain extent the ST#1 legacy (his baby too)...so I think this will be very much a different LE and perhaps a racing connection, as some have suggested, might be on the cards.

The funny thing is now we know the date and time, it will be interesting to see if their infra is set up to deal with the demand wave. Also curious to see if they do put a min. reservation downpayment for you to guarantee the order and whether this initial transaction will be processed online or via a local boutique.

Get ready for the scrum!!!:D
    Black-Friday-Shopping-2011.jpg

18. ATWG Jul 9, 2018

Perfect example of how Omega continues to dilute it’s own brand. They should take a page out of the Rolex playbook and resist the temptation of continually dumping new models into the market. They’ve clearly tapped into a new marketing channel which will get exploited until there is no juice left.

Hi the meanwhile, I’ll be sleeping tight this AM, enjoy wearing my vintage pieces and pray the car doesn’t run off the road.

19. abrod520 Jul 9, 2018

I agree with the above, I do enjoy Speedmasters but I can only wear so many in rotation. I'm down to three vintage (one straight lug, and one non-rotation beater) and two LEs. While I'm interested to see what it looks like if indeed it does happen, I'm not gonna wake up at 3am here on the West Coast for it. And I'm a little exhausted of the now minimum three Speedmaster LEs per year

repoman and ATWG like this.
  20. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 9, 2018