Forums Latest Members
  1. demalick Mar 11, 2018

Hello,

This is my first post, as I am a new member.

In my brief time here, I found this forum to be very valuable and helpful in my pursuit finding a vintage Omega Seamaster.
    I am hoping that a knowledgeable member could help me figure out and confirm if this Seamaster is original.

It does appear to be a redial although from the photos, very nicely done. The seller does not know if it has been refinished or repainted. From my research and understanding, most black dials (in this condition) have been redialed.

Having said that, other than the dial, I was wondering if the movement is correct (caliber 565). Based on my research, it appears to be. I am going to request a case back picture as well as additional pictures.

Thank you.

s-l500.jpg s-l5002.jpg s-l5003.jpg s-l5004.jpg
  2. Noddyman Mar 11, 2018

Yes it’s a redial I am afraid. As far as I know a black cross hair SMDV is unobtainable. A cal 565 is a possibility for this reference so movement could well be correct.

3. Shabbaz Mar 11, 2018

I would say redial as well. Swiss made not under the marker. You see these glossy black dials with silver indexes more often. They sell really well. Although I like the look of them I would not buy. I would say 166.020?

4. demalick Mar 11, 2018

Thank you very much for the insight. It is extremely helpful.

5. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 11, 2018

Yet another Don Draper special.