Forums Latest Members

Confirm on which side to add the 1/2 link

1. khoalety Feb 1, 2014

Hi everyone!

I'm about to order a PO 8500's 1/2 link to adjust my bracelet for better fit. Currently it is a little loose on a certain time of the day (sometimes it would fit OK... not moving around), I need to remove a full link and replace it with the new 1/2 link. With my logic, I assume I need to add it to the same side as currently has 1/2 link (right). Please confirm or explain to me why I need to put on the other side (left).

Thank you for your help!

photo.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 1, 2014

Don't think it really matters to be honest, I tend to go with the 12 oclock side as you can't see that side as easily and half links look different

3. Jon R Feb 1, 2014

I tend to prefer more links on the 12 o'clock side than the 6 o'clock to balance the clasp centrally on the inside of my wrist. Also, you might find that the "half" link is closer to 2/3 rds in size, giving a lot more options to get the fit right. For my PO, In my case, I have 6 full + 2 "half" links on 12 o'clock and 5 full on 6 o'clock. That works for me but each person will be different. Jon

4. khoalety Feb 1, 2014

Thank you both for your answers. I thought both sides needed to be similar in number of links. :oops: I'm new to this. I've noticed this watch doesn't lay flat on the wrist. Now I need to play around with these links to work right on my wrist. :thumbsup:

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 1, 2014

Yea more on the 12 side is always better IMO, makes the head tilt towards you rather than away

6. khoalety Feb 15, 2014

I can't justify paying too much for a set of screw drivers so I ended up with this set, made-in-France screwdrivers for $34. I hope I won't make a mess of the link screws when I replace this 1/2 link with a full link on the bracelet. Any suggestions (not to scratch the screw heads) would be appreciated! Thanks!

photo.JPG
  7. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 15, 2014

When you adjust the screws put a piece of tape in and push the screw driver into the screw. That way you have a tight snug fit and reduced chances of marring the edges.

khoalety and watchme like this.
  8. khoalety Feb 16, 2014

Thanks, Kringkily! I will let you know how it works out. :cautious: I hope the 1/2 link will put to rest the fitting of this bracelet. :whistling: I don't want to spend anymore $ on the same watch. I should spend on a new watch. ::love:: I hope Omega or Longines offers something I like this year.

9. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 16, 2014

I vaguely remember but some people put a little bit of loctite so if you have difficulty getting the screw out don't force it. I've had success with running it under some hot water and then patting it dry with a towel then using the tape and screwdriver method to get it to come out easier. Gluck!

khoalety likes this.