Forums Latest Members
  1. kidkimura Jun 30, 2015

Hey all-

Having learned my lesson last time, I'd love for you all to take a look at this 105.003 and let me know if its worth the expense:
    http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/ss-pre-moon-speedmaster-circa-1964--id3161755.htm

My novice thoughts: The etching is seems like its very weak, but outside of that, the hands, dial and bezel are all in pretty good shape considering their age. The lume plots on the dial look very nice and evenly aged. I'm told it comes with a later bracelet, although there is not much info there. Apparently it was serviced in January and had a spring replaced.

Adding: Spoke with a lady, and they assured me the bezel had not been replaced (by them). But seems like its clearly a replacement bezel

Anyway, thanks so much for your help in advance!

Edited Jun 30, 2015
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 30, 2015

Hey Kid,

Glad to see you're still on the hunt! Don't get discouraged.

The bezel is a later service replacement. It should have a DON bezel. The chrono hand is also incorrect. It should have the drop counter point, not the flat end. The bracelet this one comes with is an #12 (I think 1175?) with #47 endlinks, which I believe is not correct for an Ed White

Also, if you ask for newer pictures, you'll find that the hands have now been relumed.

I'm not sure about the lume plots on the dial either. Maybe redone as well, but I'm not totally sure.

For the money, there's probably better ones out there.

Good luck!

AAAKK and kidkimura like this.
  3. kidkimura Jun 30, 2015

Thanks so much oddboy! +1

The hunt continues...

4. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jun 30, 2015

Agree with @oddboy about the lume on the plots. Case looks well worked over as well and wrong crown. Definitely keep looking.