Forums Latest Members
  1. Longitude Jun 12, 2016

[​IMG]
    I bought this nice Seamaster Aquaterra Bond edition less than a month ago, this weekend went to Cancun and had a very, very light swimming, best thing I know is that my new watch as condensation under the glass!!!. The crown was secured, how could this happen?!?!?!. I am really sad, angry and disappointed, this watch cost me top dollar and was my first Omega, I can't believe this is happening to me!. Is this normal?!, It has warranty still, but I am sure the dealer will accuse ME of mishandling my precious!. Now is in the sun, with the crown open, hoping the condensation will dissipate, but it has been for a couple of hours and no sign of improvement!!!. This watch is rubbish!!!!!

Sent via Tapatalk

2. GBTRIUMPH Jun 12, 2016

Just send that rubbish to me...I will dispose of it properly. ;-)

3. flw history nerd Jun 12, 2016

It must need new gaskets. This is not normal, and if you bought it brand new from an AD or Omega Boutique, just take the watch and the warranty card in ... you should be able to get it serviced under warranty.

GBTRIUMPH likes this.
  4. Longitude Jun 12, 2016

It is brand new, I will take it to the Omega flashship store, as soon as I return from vacations. But surely this should not have happened on a "good" watch, rated for theoretical 150m under water while having a light swim of 30 minutes, not even submerging to more than 1M!. My next watch was going to be a Globemaster, but now I really will consider a silly Apple Watch.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent via Tapatalk

5. Longitude Jun 12, 2016

Thanks for the suppor anyway :)

Sent via Tapatalk

6. flw history nerd Jun 12, 2016

Absolutely. We feel your pain! Don't give up on Omega just yet ... as I say (and as you know), this isn't normal ... but even luxury watch companies are human institutions, and mistakes can happen on occasion. It shouldn't be a big deal as long as they make it right for you. Keep us posted - I think (and hope) that you'll be very pleased with your beautiful watch soon.

McKnife and watch3s like this.
  7. ktc Jun 12, 2016

Certainly very scary, I'd be :eek: if that was my new watch, too.

Do you have a local AD that can perform leak testing for you? Our local store is hosting a free water leak test this month...

Did the condensation improve with gentle heating outdoors?

8. Mr Bing Jun 12, 2016

Take it back, create a song and dance about it. This should not happen!

If it were me I'd demand a full refund or a replacement watch and I wouldn't leave the store without one or the other.

agentmulder, watch3s and Buckeyes#1 like this.
  9. Longitude Jun 12, 2016

Left it around 1 hour directly under the sun then half a day wearing, also good part of it exposed to the sun, with the crown unscrew, the condition "improved", but just a little. Still pretty bad...

Sent via Tapatalk

Edited Jun 12, 2016
  10. Longitude Jun 12, 2016

The ADs here have a strong policy of "no refunds/no returns/no changes" for watches. Although, I would even pay for an "upgrade" to a Globemaster, that way but the AD and me would win, no?. I will be back to my city on Thursday, lets see what happens then. Thanks for the advise.

Sent via Tapatalk

11. nmttd2 Jun 12, 2016

Take it back and have them send it back to Omega. It will be brand new again after the service.

12. tyrantlizardrex Jun 13, 2016

Sounds like it didn't quite deal somewhere - crown/crystal/caseback.

Lots of good advice above.

I know you're mad (I would be too) but remember the dealer/ad/OB didn't make the watch.

Keep calm, explain what happened, say that it needs to be fixed, and that you're very disappointed.

Would also recommend not getting it wet again if it's not dealing somewhere.

Irritating as hell, but they will make good on this.

McKnife likes this.
  13. Exarkun12 Jun 13, 2016

Sorry to hear that, something similar happened to me, although all I did was to wash the watch under the tap. Watch had to be sent in and came back fine..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Perseus Jun 15, 2016

If you're immature go back to the Omega store and start making demands. If you're a mature adult go in there, with receipt and cards, and show them what's wrong and politely ask them how they can make this right. Tell your story, explain how excited you were to buy the watch and how now you're concerned about the quality.

Varasc, McKnife, kkt and 7 others like this.
  15. maxtor71 Jun 15, 2016

@Longitude It's unfortunate but it happens, just go back to the boutique and have a chat with them. They'll make it right. FYI, I've seen this sort of thing from almost every brand, they are all products and there's always the possibility that you'll get the one bad one out of a thousand. Just get it fixed and move on, you'll be happier that way.

Max

Longitude likes this.
  16. Longitude Jun 15, 2016

After a few days I had the time to calm my self and I agree with you. I have even thought of my "empathy generating" speech, not an angry speech, I don't want to manipulate, just that the AD supports me as I supported the brand and the store and made a choice to buy from them. Well, maybe a little manipulation? ;) anyway, I just want my watch repaired to last a long time with me in service.

Sent via Tapatalk

Perseus likes this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2016

Yea that's just incredibly unlucky it'll be fine after you get it back.

18. Perseus Jun 15, 2016

I'd be surprised if they didn't take care of you. I knows some Omega watches are water resistant to 30 meters even if the crown is out. With a name like Seamaster I hope the AT's have that function.

Please let us know how it turns out!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

overlinjw likes this.
  19. Longitude Jun 19, 2016

Update: I took the watch to the AD on Thursday but the sells-girl told me that the watch technician only goes on Fridays to the AD, I left the watch with them. She took the watch in without even making a single question, just asked for the warranty card, but she also made a comment that made shiver: she said that the technician (Omega certified), has mentioned that condensation can happen and is normal; I almost fainted, a colleague that accompanied me discussed with her about that being just not acceptable on a new Omega 150m water resistant Aquaterra!, but she was just the sales girl so we left her live :) if the technician tells me that story, I will not discuss, just will ask them to test that hypothesis on another AT in the store, after that we will discuss the next step. Anyway, on Friday afternoon the technician called and informed me that "there is nothing wrong with the watch, but if you wish we can take it to the central workshop for deeper testing". (What did he do???!!!). I explained that testing is ok, but the watch has condensation and it should be fixed, after several rounds of "yes sir, we will test the watch", finally the technician understood and confirmed that the humidity inside the watch will be removed as part of the "testing". He explained that the service usually takes about 6 weeks, but in this case, because is a very simple matter probably it will take just about 3 weeks (?!?!?!). I had no choice but to tell him that I would be calling him every week to hear on what is going on with my watch. I am not so confident that Omega will do something special to my watch besides opening it and leaving for evaporation. I took several pictures of the watch conditions, just to be sure that they return the watch in the same apparent conditions plus no condensation and 100% hermeticity. My trust is low at this moment. I will keep you posted.

Sent via Tapatalk

watch3s likes this.
  20. cwindham Jun 19, 2016

I do not think "Condensation" inside a watch is normal, especially for an AT. i would agree with you 1000%.

TwinPeaks and watch3s like this.