Completed Project Watch

Thanks to Kyle, UlackFocus, Desmond for all the help over the last few months. It's truly magnificent.

Here is the end product, Black honeycomb globemaster with subseconds. Rose gold case and brown lizard strap.

image.jpeg

Like 2
That's one of the best looking frankens I've ever seen. I'd be happy to wear it!

Is there a thread somewhere documenting this? If not, can you add one? I want to know exactly how you put that magnificent thing together....

I really got lucky. I bought the Bezel first and did a lot of research. I found a caliber 491 in immaculate condition on ebay. Then I ordered the hands from Ofrei. I found a 491 case 14716 from watchco and the rest was history. It was one of the funniest I have ever done and I don't see my self stopping here.

I really got lucky. I bought the Bezel first and did a lot of research. I found a caliber 491 in immaculate condition on ebay. Then I ordered the hands from Ofrei. I found a 491 case 14716 from watchco and the rest was history. It was one of the funniest I have ever done and I don't see my self stopping here.
Do you mean you bought the dial first? A bezel is the decorative, though sometimes moveable and functional, metal round ring that snaps into the outside case.