Forums Latest Members

WTB Complete 752 Movement

1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 24, 2013

Paying the price for buying my SS sparky off eBay, rather than Mike. Just got a servicing quote and it is approximately the same as what I paid for the watch!!!!! So, am in the market for a donor watch to save on parts costs!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2013

Thought about sending it to Steve?

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 24, 2013

Given that most of the costs are parts (admittedly my watch guy buys them straight from Swatch), unless Steve has the parts, I wonder whether it will e cheaper? Plus postage of course.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2013

How bad is it though, and do you trust that your guy isn't just replacing parts that don't need replacing and/or inflating that bill?

You have any pics of this movement?

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 24, 2013

Movement pics here
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.my/viewitem?itemId=271083629614Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    My guy has serviced half a dozen of mine in the passed, always $200-$300, only new parts being crystal, stem and crown. So I don't think it is inflating for the sake of it, but maybe.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2013

Movement doesn't look crummy or rotten :\ What is he saying needs replacing? Just to put it into perspective, my dad's Cal 501 which was keeping very bad time and no longer winding at all was under $200 including parts from memory.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 24, 2013

I know! I think I ran this purchase passed a few people here first. It was a long list of things, I couldn't write fast enough! But it was 3 or 4 wheels and pinioned. If nobody offers me a donor In The next few days, ill send to Steve.

8. Wheels Jan 24, 2013

Dunno if you're ever in Sydney but you could drop it into V&E Sintic in Castlereigh St for a quote. They've kind of taken over my servicing since my watchmaker Ernst from M&E Watchmaking retired. Ernst still does some stuff for me but he's a grey nomad now so it's hard to pin him down and he takes a while.

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 30, 2013

Ive sent it off to Steve for service. lets see how it goes.....