Forums Latest Members
  1. mks4 Dec 21, 2014

Hi all,

I generally post in the Omega area (a little in Zenith as I am hunting ;) )...

Anyhow, I bought this piece early this year on the Bay...it was actually in the "watches on eBay" thread above as looking ok but with a dirty dial. In any case, it's been a nice watch and I really like the uniqueness of it when I wear it. It keeps fantastic time and the chrono works but it could use a service.

A couple questions:

- I think the lower pusher is a replacement (will take a better shot). What is the right size so I can add it to the list of parts I am always craving? IMG_8274.jpg
    - The dial...why no "Compax" above the lower register? Was this a late model or simply a variation?

I no longer have the inside caseback shots and movement shots, but everything checked out before I pulled the trigger. SN starts with 885...

Thanks!
    Mike

2. ELV web Dec 21, 2014

Very nice reverse nina you have there :)

3. jud Dec 21, 2014

I know nothing about your watch, except that I like it.

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 21, 2014

An unusual variation that I don't think anyone has an explanation for. There are a few late-model Tri-compaxes similarly missing the designation. Perhaps they are service dials.

5. mks4 Dec 21, 2014

Thanks all...I appreciate the responses.

I had previously thought, perhaps, in the manner that certain Daytonas lack the designation on the dial, this was similar.

Who knows...but I'll continue to wear her happily.

Cheers!