Forums Latest Members
  1. Omega collectibles May 10, 2012

Hey everyone, I did some ad work for Omega in the late 90's and ended up with some nice collectibles. I was invited to Bienne Switzerland by Omega to attend the yearly watch fair and spend so time at the factory. While I was there I was given some very nice books that they told me were only available from Omega, all the books are published in Switzerland.
    I also have some items which were only given to the buyers at the watch fair, buyer came from around the world to attend the fair. This was a special time for Omega, they were introducing the X-33 Speedmaster the next space watch.
    I worked for an engineering company that supported maned space flight at the Johnson Space Center in Houston Texas. I did a lot of work for astronaut Gene Cernan last man on the Moon, Gene was a spokes person for Omega then and still is today. I also have some really nice space items also.
    If anyone is interested please let me know. I am taking photos of these items and I will post them here everyone to see. Below is a book list.

Speedmaster Missions book; (in English) Soft cover.
    Rare and very few were given out. This book came inside the Speedmaster Mission collection case. If you go to Google images and type in Speedmaster space watch collection you will see the case of 23 watchs and the book is shown on the inside lid of the case. I have 2 copies (in English)

Chonos special Omega: (in German) Soft Cover.

Omega and the Century of Significant Moments; (in English) Hard cover.
    This book talks about Space, Jules Verne, Olympic games

The Quest and Conquest of Time; (in English)
    This book talks about the mystery of time, the first instrument to tell time, mechanical clocks, the evolution of the watch, relativity of time.

Le Sens Du Temps; (in English) Hard cover.
    This book all about Omega history in sports time keeping. Time photography and perspective.

La Rose Des Temp; (in French) Hard cover.
    This has lots of photos of clocks made by Omega. These clocks are pieces of art designed by Nicolas Peter

A Time Capsule Omega Speedmaster; (in English) Soft cover
    The story of the first watch in outer space. This book is a Speedmaster bible!

The Moon Watch; (in English) Soft cover.
    The first and only watch worn in space. Great information about Speedmaster and it's history in space. I used this as a reference book for the work I did for Omega. Great book!

The Moon Watch; (in English) Hard cover.
    The first and only watch worn in space. Great information about Speedmaster and it's history in space. This copy was a personal gift address to me from astronaut Gene Cernan. I would include some photos of Cernan and myself along with other information to authenticate his signature.

A framed piece which has a photo of the X-33 watch, a Apollo-Soyuz mission patch, photo of Tom Stafford and has signature.

Some one of a kind items I created for Omega. I will get photos started this weekend if anyone is interested.

Regards, John

Trev likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 10, 2012

Sounds interesting, look forward to seeing the pics

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 10, 2012

Indeed.

Nice to have you on the forum, John. I'm sure many of our members will be interested in taking a look.
    Cheers

4. ulackfocus May 10, 2012

Hi John. Sounds like you've got a nice library of Omega books. :thumbsup:

5. Steve May 10, 2012

Welcome John, keen to see the books on offer.
    PS. please don't be put off my my avatar.. we have some very childish people in charge !. :D

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 10, 2012

That's pretty cheeky. But so is this:

Love to see those Omega books soon.

Take care,
    gatorcpa

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 10, 2012

We're only here to serve our great members. It can't be helped that some of them are in to cucumbers and photos of girls boarding helicopters. We will never judge :D

8. ulackfocus May 10, 2012

Partially my fault - I made the suggestion that the helicopter upskirt photo would be a better avatar. I think without the helicopter and the skirt it's out of context.... although she does have a nice shape going on. I'm now convinced that Cucumber Girl was better.

9. Steve May 11, 2012

No doubt Trev will amend !.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 17, 2012

Think we lost him lol

11. Bogs2 May 20, 2012

Very, very interested. Thanks for letting us know and sharing them. Looking forward in seeing your posts for Omega.

12. Steve May 21, 2012

Has he gone ??

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 21, 2012

WomanCucumber.png

14. Steve May 22, 2012

Before you even think about it... No I dont want this as my avatar !. :p