Forums Latest Members
  1. Ianto May 11, 2017

Hi, I have recently done some work on an old ( 1960's?) Constellation and was very impressed with the design and construction of the watch. I figure a coaxial would be similarly well made. I am thinking of buying a coaxial ( probably but not necessarily used) but they all seem to be rather large watches, certainly compared to the older watches. My question is did or do Omega make a smaller ( 34-36mm -ish) gents/boys coaxial, from what I've read the coaxial movement doesn't require such large cases, its just the current fashion,
    regards

watch3s likes this.
  2. thatonewatchdude May 11, 2017

so the co-axial is the escapement and there is a wide variety of movements with co-axial integrated within them.... so what exactly is your question. Are you asking about watches with co-axial technology? I recommend going to omegawatches.com and that should assist.

3. Ianto May 11, 2017

I started with the Omega site but couldn't find anything with a case below 38mm in a gents coaxial. I asked the forum because Omega have been making the coax escapment since 1999 (calibre 2500) and may have made a smaller gents watch using the coaxial technology, in the past, not in the current collections.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! May 11, 2017

There have been several Omegas at 36-38mm with coax tech, though most are aimed at women. Both the 2500 and 3313 will fit. One to consider is the 36mm Railmaster from a few years ago which looks great.

5. flw history nerd May 11, 2017

My wife wears a Ladymatic with caliber 8520, officially sized at 34mm although it looks smaller to me. It's a co-axial movement. No reason why Omega can't make a co-axial 36mm or smaller for men ... Simply a question of popular style and demand, I think.

6. Ianto May 11, 2017

A Railmaster 36mm would be perfect if it had a date window.....

7. watch3s May 12, 2017

theyve discontinued these but i just bought a 36.35 aqua terra on the used market. this aqua terra has the coaxial 2500B movement. there are a few floating out there on the bay in different dial configurations.

8. padders Oooo subtitles! May 12, 2017

Yep, isn't a 36mm AT just a 36mm Railmaster with a different dial and date window? Sounds like it could be a winner for the OP but personally I would rather seek out a 2500C or ideally 2500D movement version if possible as there were real issues with the earlier Co-ax movements.

watch3s likes this.
  9. watch3s May 12, 2017

pretty much from my research a few weeks ago, and op would need to go some where in the mid 80xxxxxx serial to get one with those movements. mine is in the low 80xxx,xxx and has the 2500B

padders likes this.
  10. Ianto May 12, 2017

First off thanks for the useful replies, a 36mm AT would be great. The problems with the 2500A/B's were lubrication troubles? If so are they resolvable, or just require more frequent lubrication? Do you have a start date for the 2500C production ?

watch3s likes this.
  11. watch3s May 12, 2017

From the research I found, it was really over hyped and they corrected the issue under warranty mostly. too much lubrication stalled the movement out was what they found. Also the yes the 36.25 railmaster is exactly that. an aqua terra with a different dial configuration but no antimagnetic protection because you can see the movement, no faraday cage

padders likes this.