Forums Latest Members

Co worker,s watches ( new content )

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 2, 2016

Being known as the watch guy at work, one of the office girls sent me some pictures of a few pocket watches she has inherited.

Any one have a idea of worth getting one serviced and which one. ( I like the Smiths )

There was another Pierce enamel dial with blue hands with ( made in Switzerland) also but no pictures

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 2, 2016

Need to see the innards.
    Some of the economy pocket watches were the "Timex" of their day and even getting them apart and back together can be a pain. Some were also pin lever movement, very reliable but a bugger to get going again if you're not familiar with them.

As none of those pictured have a jewel count on the dial I think they may be "dollar watches". The Pierce may be worth looking at though.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 2, 2016

I will get some photos of the Pierce, it was actually another office girls , I did get a look and the blue hands and enamel dial were in good nick, it had a screw back with a long arrow. It did have a guilloche movement with made in Switzerland

Thanks @JimInOz

4. vinn2 Mar 2, 2016

they are great, please send a photo of the "office girl"

5. Canuck Mar 2, 2016

The Smiths and the Westclox are both pin lever, no jewel watches, hardly worthy of an attempt to repair. The Keinzle might be worth a looksee, and the Pierce as well. We'd really need to see the works on these latter two.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 18, 2016

7. vinn2 Mar 18, 2016

good show ! I like the pierce. that long arrow DD might be german from the 20's. timex style and "dollar watches" are two different topics. nice watches. vinn

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 18, 2016

The pierce was found at the rubbish tip.
    First girl at work had the other three and when over heard chatting to me lady next to here said "I found one at the dump years ago"

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 9, 2017

So another worker bought a bag of vintage watches in.
    Nothing in solid gold, or well known brand. At least the Rotary will be wearable with a service and crystal

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

10. SeanO Sep 9, 2017

Saunders jewellers is still open in Sydney.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 9, 2017

That cushion case has a bit of charm to it.

Jwit likes this.
  12. vinn2 Sep 12, 2017

save them for your retirement, learn to service them. vin

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 13, 2017

Sorry just re-read my post. He still has the watches, just bought the, in to get a opinion on what he should do. Can't see him doing any servicing.

For all.
    Allways someone with a few watches that you work with so don't be shy to let people know your happy to have a look.
    Bought a gold Longines off a work colleague that had never worn it as it was a 25 years service award and was not he's cup of tea. He wanted $200 for it sight unseen to me, and was surprised when I offered and paid a lot more.

14. ConElPueblo Sep 14, 2017

My boss at work (I'm the 2IC) has a Omega Chronostop Driver which I've pestered him for ages about bringing for work. Hope he gives in soon :D