Forums Latest Members
  1. LondonTown Feb 6, 2019

Edited Feb 6, 2019
  2. Davidt Feb 6, 2019

Speedmaster101.com

Baz9614 likes this.
  3. LondonTown Feb 6, 2019

Have visited it but it’s not inline with the prices that are being thrown around by people actually selling them.

4. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 6, 2019

You will have to show more than a bad quality screenshot in order to get an assessment here ::popcorn::

OMEGuy and eugeneandresson like this.
  5. Slevin kelevra Feb 6, 2019

Speedmaster101 speaks the truth

People may be asking extremely large sums of money for what may seem like similar watches to yours but do you have proof the watches are actually selling for those numbers?

Just because someone wants 120k for their watch doesn’t mean that’s what it will end up selling for.

Davidt likes this.
  6. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 6, 2019

That’s fair. William has always stated that the speedmaster101 values are his values. Not neccearily the same as other’s valuations.

7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 6, 2019

You think?

Edit : OP has since deleted his original messages/pictures and changed the thread title...to see them, go to my last post in this thread.

Edited Feb 7, 2019
  8. OMEGuy Feb 6, 2019

From just these two poor pictures, that lollipop proportions and shape look wrong to me and hour/minute like aftermarket parts. The crystal is for a '63 ref. and I'm not sure about the bezel as well as crown and pushers. Dial seems correct, but from these two pics can't tell if it's relumed or not.

If you want to get qualified answers, please show some appropriate pictures incl. case ref. and provide the serial number of the movement first. :)

Slevin kelevra likes this.
  9. Rochete Feb 6, 2019

Dealers, specially "seasoned" ones, may and often do ask the moon for their watches. That does not mean those watches are sold for what they ask. For rare and sought after watches market value is revealed at auctions.

Baz9614, Davidt and Slevin kelevra like this.
  10. Slevin kelevra Feb 6, 2019

No offence but that is a very uninitiated opinion.

Watch dealers are doing nothing but trying to grab a buck. Guys like William are doing it for the love of the brand etc.

I know who I would listen to but I’m not the one looking to realise as much as I can for my watch.

11. ndgal Feb 6, 2019

kov, smitty190373, gemini4 and 3 others like this.
  12. chronoboy64 Feb 6, 2019

Discussing the current value of your watch is actually not subject of this Forum. So may be you should ask elsewhere.
    Your watch is worth the money that a buyer is ready to pay to you.
    Good luck :thumbsup:

kov likes this.
  13. ndgal Feb 6, 2019

So dealers do not love the brand? ::confused2::

OMEGuy likes this.
  14. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 6, 2019

A couple of quick observations on the op watch.

When is the extract dated? Most 2998s today aren’t eligible for an extract as records are missing. Pre 2015 extracts were available but info came from owners information instead of Omega museum files. Older extracts are of less value.

2nd observation is the lollipop. This example is further proof that at least 2 versions exist. Most have a disk that lines up directly over the Omega Dial logo. This lollipop, though correct, does not.

15. LondonTown Feb 6, 2019

As said new here - don’t know which forum to post was after some friendly advice. Won’t bother posting next time. Thanks

16. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 6, 2019

This comes a cross as veiled sales thread by a daydream believer who thinks he has the holy grail. No not that one. The alarm bells start when people dispute Williams figures which are in my experience not pessimistic, it is apparent he isn’t the sort to low ball or try nick stuff by posting artificially low figures, quite the opposite.

I claim my £5.

kov and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  17. Davidt Feb 6, 2019

Are you looking to sell or insure?

If you're looking to sell, Williams pricing is more in line with what a private sale would achieve. You should not confuse a dealer asking price with what a watch is worth to a private individual.

If you're asking for insurance you'll need to speak to your broker and find out what they need. An asking price from a dealer in the internet may not be up to scratch. If you're setting your own valuation, just assume it's worth what a dealer is asking.

Another point to mention is that extracts don't really add any value. With correct end links the bracket probably adds £2-3k to the 101 price.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  18. ndgal Feb 6, 2019

19. OMEGuy Feb 6, 2019

The two pictures have vanished?

20. Slevin kelevra Feb 6, 2019

I think my point was that “most” dealers are in it for the money and that more than a few have proven to be unscrupulous over the years.

The OP was talking like watch dealers were on some higher plane and should be trusted at all costs.