Forums Latest Members
  1. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 2, 2017

Hi guys,

Would like to seek advice from you knowledgable bunch of moonwatch enthusiasts. Is it possible to have a 145.022-71 with a close spaced T? Because i so happen to have bought a replacement dial with close spaced T that i believe is right for my -71. I still retain the original dial which was water damaged and has calcium deposits all over. And while i know the dial has probably been relumed i saw that on speedmaster101, it was mentioned in 2015 that ALL 145.022s are wide space Ts.

Could anyone clarify?

Here are some pictures of the watch, dial and also the original dial.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

ORIGINAL DIAL:
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Igora Apr 2, 2017

i am not an expert in this field but dial looks nice!

3. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 2, 2017

Haha thank you, im beginning to think it is a reconditioned dial though...

4. Davidt Apr 2, 2017

There's something not right about your replacement dial. Look at the minute track around 6 o'clock. Looks like it's been touched up.

TNTwatch and Thaumaturgist like this.
  5. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 2, 2017

Yea i thought so too i just noticed the minute track... to think i asked the seller and he said the dial has never been touched...

6. nixf6 Apr 3, 2017

The 2 "T" are not exactly in-between the second markers .I have seen a service dial exactly like yours but for a 321 not an 861.Do you have a photo of the feet.

7. wsfarrell Apr 3, 2017

The dial looks stock to me, with any distortions due to the crystal.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 3, 2017

2nd dial I've seen with the blue marks.hmm

The replacement dial... Something's up with short indices and narrow T's on a non AML dial. Those three things don't happen together from what I've seen.

9. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

What do you mean by the blue marks? I am trying to contact the seller again to see what he says because when i bought the replacement dial from him he said it was untouched...which i doubted esp the relume but i didnt know he would go as far about lying about the reprint...

Thanks for your advice

10. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

I am headed to my wat
    I am headed to my watch maker now to see if i can get rid of this dial and fit in another. Ill take pictures of the feet when i get the chance..

11. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

I dont think they are referring to the distortion. Even the "i" in swiss is too close the to "S"...ill try take pics without the crystal later. Im honestly quite pissed i bought this dial some time last year and didnt think to notice or check it until now because a friend of mine bought a rolex 1675 from the same seller recently and he suspected it was a redial too...

12. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

If it is rly a redial or reprint, i have to say it is incredibly scary what ppl can do nowadays... ehat are all your opinions on reprinted dials? Thank god i kept my original dial i was planning to sell it due to the condition...

13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 3, 2017

Blue marks on the original dial.

Wide t and narrow t are from where they line up on the hash marks. The replacement dial clearly shows narrow T.

Wide T goes from 28-32 on the minute track. Narrow T is smaller, more like 28.5-31.5

Thaumaturgist likes this.
  14. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

I have removed the dial already. Will take pics of feet when i get home to a loupe... pmed the seller..apparently he was unaware that it was a redial...trying to get a refund..

15. Davidt Apr 3, 2017

Let's see some pictures without a crystal first...

16. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

bhove likes this.
  17. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

IThis is the new dial i just put into my watch. It was from the same seller i bought the redone dial. I believe the dial currently in my watch has also been redone but ill accept it since it is all correct it seems. And ill hold on to my original dial in case i consider (but doubt) ill sell in the future to ensure the watch is 100% original. Ive also included a shot with my watch and all 3 dials (2 possibly redone[one in my watch, one with the horrible narrow space t's] and the original)
    IMG_1162.JPG IMG_1163.JPG IMG_1164.JPG IMG_1165.JPG IMG_1166.JPG IMG_1167.JPG

Edited Apr 3, 2017
  18. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

Oh and i gotta head back to my watch maker another day because i think he did not install the hands properly and now the chrono isnt dead centre and stops moving at the 58s mark when runs

19. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Apr 3, 2017

Oh and the marks are not blue they are white actually.. haha i think its the lighting

Foo2rama likes this.
  20. abrod520 Apr 3, 2017

In my admittedly non-expert opinion, I believe the OP dial was retouched, but only at the 6- o'clock marker. Perhaps there was some damage there, but the person who refinished it while skilled mistakenly placed the narrow T's and a few uneven hash marks around where he worked. Of course, he may have done that intentionally as well, so as not to deceive.

Thaumaturgist likes this.