Forums Latest Members

SOLD Clebar "Poor Man's Heuer Carrera" Chronograph

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 14, 2017

Some of you may have seen a couple recent incomings, and if you did, then you understand why this one has to leave. I have to show the wife that I have some restraint! Up for your consideration is a damn near perfect example of the Poor Man's Heuers that were distributed under the Clebar, Hamilton, and Zodiac names, but assembled by Heuer in many instances.

Case: The 36mm stainless steel case is in terrific shape. Nearly blemish-free, and with all sharp lines still intact. You'd be hard pressed to do much better than this.

Dial / Handset: Dial and hands are in near-perfect shape and exhibit perfectly matching shades of creamy lume. All lume plots on the dial are present and in perfect shape. This shade of patina is basically what all the "faux-tina" watches now are trying to re-create...just perfection, and what initially drew me to the watch. The reverse panda dial also features a tachymeter scale on the perimeter.

Movement / Caseback: Caseback has a few minor indentations, but is in good shape otherwise. Valjoux 7736 movement is in good shape and is keeping spot-on time. There's one quirk worth mentioning - if you wind it and allow the stem/crown to snap back to it's natural orientation, the hour hand jumps back 30 min. If you "rock" the winding system back and forth, however (i.e. not letting go of the crown), it doesn't jump. Also, if you run the chrono for a couple seconds and hit reset, it all resets perfectly. Likely a small fix that can be undertaken, though it never bothered me enough to fix.

Bracelet / Strap: Watch comes head-only. I'm running out of 19mm straps!

These three-register chronographs are quite rare (regardless of condition) and traditionally beautiful, to boot. My price is $3,500 net to me with payment via PayPal (sent "Friends & Family," add 3% if that option is not used) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. I can be reached via PM or at [email protected].
    image1.JPG
    IMG_7118.JPG IMG_7119.JPG IMG_7120.JPG IMG_7121.JPG IMG_7122.JPG IMG_7124.JPG IMG_7128.JPG IMG_7129.JPG

Edited Aug 22, 2017
    Kreindog24, abrod520, Dre and 6 others like this.
  2. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 14, 2017

@Dre here's your WTB

wkimmd, Dre, bazamu and 1 other person like this.
  3. wkimmd Aug 14, 2017

A beauty, @ChicagoFrog. These are times I wish I was a chrono man...

bazamu likes this.
  4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 18, 2017

Friday bump

5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 22, 2017

Bump, price drop to $3,500