Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Dec 3, 2015

Have two 1620 speedmaster that needs a look at the pushers . Anyone now how to work on this? Are there o-rings inside that needs to be changes or do they just need to be cleaned and greased. Now they doesn't come out when they are pushed in . I now they need a new crystals. That will be a later project . DSC04988.JPG

2. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Dec 3, 2015

Typical pushers are held in the case on the inside with either a screw or "C" clips.

Remove the screw or "C" clip and the pusher comes out and away from the case, inside will be a spring, most times a washer or two and of course o'rings. After cleaning everything, new o'rings are fitted, lubed with silicone and the pushers re-assembled.

Movements have to be removed to gain access to the pushers.

Rob

www.roberthoran.eu

rogart likes this.
  3. rogart ray it again, Ram. Dec 3, 2015

My wonder was to find out how they work before i start to work on them? @Archer have you changed any of this pushers or serviced them?

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 3, 2015

I took a speedy apart to see about doing this, and I quickly got in over my head. Fortunately no damage, and it was a real dog/crap condition too, but I won't be doing that again. The watch went to the watchmaker to get cleaned up and reassembled and all is well (as well as can be for this sad puppy). There are so many little things that can go sideways. Even putting the same pushers back into a case can be difficult as the tolerances are so small, a fraction of a millimeter can make a difference. Obviously, watch makers are trained for this a have experience doing it.

Do yourself a favour and just take it to someone.

rogart likes this.
  5. rogart ray it again, Ram. Dec 3, 2015

Normal speedy pusher are a real piece of cake . So you say this are trickier okay . See if i find a watchmaker that can fix it for me. Thanks oddboy.

6. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Dec 4, 2015

If you can remove the caseback and take a few pictures I am sure the way they are retained could be seen.

It may be the simple design where the pusher shafts are notched and fit into a corresponding notch on the movement retention ring, remove the ring, and the pushers come out.