Forums Latest Members

Cleaning (not polishing) hesalite

1. ryankelly May 30, 2017

Sorry if there's a thread on this already - did a search but didn't see anything quite pertaining to what I'm asking. Have been wondering about cleaning - not polishing - hesalite, like after walking through a light rain and seeing dried water spots on the crystal. I have alcohol-based lens wipes I use for eyeglasses - would those be safe to use? If not, what would folks recommend? Thanks!

2. ndgal May 30, 2017

Spit n' wipe...
    Pretty easy.
    I wouldn't recommend using Alcohol as it might damage the surface, and then you'll need to polish it.

3. Pvt-Public May 30, 2017

Really? Just wipe it with a tissue, your shirt sleeve or what ever, or Just wipe before the water dries, and presto no spots.

4. R3D9 May 30, 2017

Step 1: wipe the glass with your (cotton) shirt to remove debris.

Step 2: breath on the watch to create a mist (the people above suggesting spit are gross and they know it)

Step 3: wipe the mist off with your (cotton) shirt

Job done.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 30, 2017

I wouldn't be using alcohol, even if it doesn't hurt the crystal I can't imagine it being good for the seals.

Stewart H likes this.
  6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 30, 2017

Get an umbrella :whistling:

7. WatchArt May 30, 2017

Microfiber cloth and water works well (like for eyeglasses), or can try the nano towels, they are fine microfiber but large . . should clean up well without needing any saliva . . . . :)

shishy likes this.
  8. Euxinus May 30, 2017

I find the grease from my fingers + a good wipe with a clean t shirt does the trick!