Forums Latest Members
  1. ErnieM Sep 25, 2015

Hi, y'all ,

I am looking for a qualified shop to which I can send my vintage Omega for a general cleaning, oiling and crown replacement. Saw this ad on eBay and wondered if anyone has had experience with this shop:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/301258041807?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

If you have other suggestions as to a shop that speciallizes in this type of work, I would appreciate receiving contact details.

Thanks and regards...

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 25, 2015

I find a $95 service suspiciously low, and I don't know how a real shop could survive at that rate

3. Pvt-Public Sep 25, 2015

The fact that you found this place as an e-bay listing about says it all.::facepalm1::

4. TNTwatch Sep 25, 2015

5. novina Sep 25, 2015

I thought I received a good price for my Seamaster Automatic service, $175. That was servicing the caliber 550 alone. Crown would have been another $105 I think. Said he could only source it complete with stem, really?? And crystal replacement $80. Not even sure if that was Omega or generic. So to bring back my Seamatster from a long sleep to put it back into good condition would be about $360. $95 would just pay for getting the dust off the movement and not a real service. If you tell the forum where you are, you may fine someone close that will treat it right.

6. TNTwatch Sep 25, 2015

The service price you received is about average from independent watchmakers that I've seen, but your parts cost is about 3 times the cost directly from Omega or parts suppliers.

If you search on Paul's Watch on this forum, you'd learn that people have received good and very timely service from them. I've never used them yet and it was quite a nice surprise to hear about them.

Edited Sep 25, 2015
  7. relichunter724 Sep 25, 2015

Gentleman, I'm the person that's selling the watch repair service on ebay, I put my watch repair service on ebay because I opened the watch repair shop a little over a year ago, my watch repair tech has over 16 years experience and he can service any Omega, Rolex or Chronograph watch, or any mechanical watch for that matter. We currently service 10 local jewelry stores in McAllen, Texas and approx 60% of the watches we service are Rolex. The reason that I continued to have eBay auction is because I have plenty of omega spare parts and the business is good, and I can assure you that we do professional work. I'd be skeptical too about the price but I stand behind our work. My watch tech has serviced all of my chronographs.
    DSC04121.JPG

TNTwatch likes this.
  8. relichunter724 Sep 25, 2015

At this time I'm selling these two vintage rolex watches on ebay, you can see for your self.
    ROLEX 1560.JPG rolex.JPG

9. relichunter724 Sep 25, 2015

Whats wrong with listing on ebay? If you want to pay double or triple for repairs is up to you. Our work is guaranteed.

wsfarrell likes this.
  10. Pvt-Public Sep 26, 2015

Just naturally skeptical about eBay offerings. But always open to be proven wrong. ;)

11. lillatroll Sep 26, 2015

The fact that he is willing to come on here and explain his business model, even though he doesn't have to, should inspire confidence. I am sure that anyone who uses his service from here will be quick to give feedback. I would try him if I was in the USA, based on his willingness to post here.

12. PatrickJ Sep 26, 2015

If it looks to good to be true it probably is.

13. ChrisN Sep 26, 2015

I think it's admirable too and posting pictures to show what the service involves and the outcome. That's being very open.

Look at the pictures carefully and compare to other service pictures to see if you'd be happy with the service and if everything looks alright on those finished Speedmasters. Then you can make a decision.

Cheers, Chris

Archer likes this.