Forums Latest Members

CK2998 spotted in Houston Galleria Omega Boutique

1. Riviera Paradise Dec 11, 2016

Wandering into the HoustonGalleria OB yesterday night (close to closing time) I asked about the new speedie master co-axial moonphase and was told by the friendly sales assistant Theresa...no...everyone has been asking for that one.

I then joked "Yeah, I suppose you it would be highly unlikely that you would have the LE CK 2998 available as well..."
    "No, sir we do have that model"....
    "is it reserved?"....
    "No you can buy it right now if you want...."
    "!!!???!!!??"

Sorry for the awful photo (the yellow lighting screwed up the picture and my battery ran out afterwards)...but I just thought I would let the forum members know that there is one available (I think the LE no. was around 2885 or 2985...can't recall 100%). I think there are already some CK2998s appearing in the online grey market (Jomashop etc.)...but there are some OF members who prefer to purchase retail. It is indeed a beautiful, beautiful watch....but not for me...I have my eyes locked in on other targets.
    20161210_214514.jpg
    Hope this Basel 2016 LE FOIS goes to a good home in the OF community...

Cheers

Bushido likes this.
  2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 11, 2016

Can't you do better than retail in the secondary market? There are about 50 listed on Chrono24 alone

3. Riviera Paradise Dec 11, 2016

Of course you can...but there are some that would prefer to purchase retail...for whatever reason...hence my post. Just trying to be of service to the OF community...I suppose I could just keep quiet next time and not let anyone know.

al128 likes this.
  4. TheHoof Dec 11, 2016

Riviera Paradise and meganfox17 like this.
  5. Riviera Paradise Dec 11, 2016

Nope, but as I mentioned in my post it was serial # was pretty high...something like 2x85...(not sure if it was 2985 or 2885).

You can get in touch with Theresa Vaden at the Galleria OB and ask...I just feel embarrassed going in there again today and making her get the watch out just for me to snap the serial no. or even do a lume test if I am not going to buy. If it was my local OB in Rio I would have no issue with doing that as I have already developed an excellent relationship with them. Cheers.

6. corn18 Dec 11, 2016

What are they asking for it?

7. CaptDngr Dec 11, 2016

It's really too bad that Omega flooded the market with these. Making 2998 was far too much.

My primary AD and two of my backups can get me one each (not yet in stock), and five OB's I've reached out to for other things offer it to me each time I engage with them over email. Couple GM dealers have one (or can get one), too, which is rare for LE's.

I wish Omega handled it better. It's a lovely watch.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  8. Jking something intelligent and witty... Dec 11, 2016

Haven't a few popped up in the sales section here on OF for under retail? Don't most of those come with the majority of omega warranty left? If so that's best of both worlds...grey market prices with OB warranty cards.

9. Riviera Paradise Dec 11, 2016

As I had no intention to buy, I did not fix the value in my mind...but I think something like US$6600,00. This was a OB so I find it highly unlikely that they would offer a discount on the retail price.

10. Riviera Paradise Dec 11, 2016

Wow I had no idea they were so widely available as a "LE". My Apollo XI 45 sold out completely and of course the Snoopy was an even bigger hit. Feel a bit silly posting now....my only intention was to help out any forum members looking for a retail purchase. Cheers

11. alam Dec 11, 2016

and there goes all the hysteria that preceded the release of this model! "screening/pre-approving" customers, wait lists, selecting the right OB for allocations, deposits and all the other non-sense stuff so much discussed... :p

cicindela, Jking and Riviera Paradise like this.
  12. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 11, 2016

Well, 50 might be a bit of an exaggeration. My search only turned up 49.

13. alam Dec 11, 2016

I just bought one.. :cautious:

14. Omania Dec 11, 2016

Well, if the intention is to provide genuine clients with the opportunity to own one with the regular retail price, and not to the benefit of flippers, I'd say they've certainly done a pretty good job so far.

15. mokofoko One sad panda Dec 11, 2016

As pretty as it is, I guess Omega overestimated interest in this model. I too was a bit surprised that they weren't just flying off the shelves the way people were positively gushing about the look of this model. The last time I was at my OB they had one available, and from the way they were pushing it it felt a bit like they couldn't get rid of it.

16. silostang Dec 12, 2016

I was at an AD in Osaka and they had 2 in stock. Would have came out to $5400 usd but I passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 12, 2016

An LE within an LE. That's one way to put some exclusivity back. I guess this all goes to show how fickle and ephemeral the price bubble which surrounds LEs can be. Anyone paying a premium for one of these, and some did, is now sitting at a loss.

My local AD had one a couple of months ago at the RRP which I think was £4100/$5160. I tried it on and was tempted but think the FOIS is better value at £2700/$3400 (grey dealer) and possibly an indication that the price on these may have further to fall if they start to pop up at greys in numbers.

Edited Dec 12, 2016
  18. lillatroll Dec 12, 2016

When I saw this watch the first thing I wondered about was is it a sporty dress watch or a jazzed up tool watch, what ever they were trying to achieve with it, I think they failed. I like the colour combination, but it is a bit shiny and the strap is a bit ott for my liking. I suppose the proof is in the pudding which is why there are a lot for sale.
    I would buy a snoopy but only at retail or below, so many better options for the money people are asking for those.

padders likes this.
  19. tigerpac Dec 12, 2016

Christie's was (or is, auction may still be open) selling a brand new ck2998. Rumored to have come directly from manufacturer. More and more companies are again rumored to be selling through auction houses with the slowdown.

20. KstateSkier Dec 12, 2016

Miami design district boutique has one as well. There seem to be a bunch of these floating around the Grey Market. Its no Snoopy thats for sure.