Forums Latest Members
  1. Smspectre Apr 22, 2016

just spoken to a few OB in and around my area and all have sold there quota. Got this email back from one.

As a company we will be receiving 9 of the CK2998 watches, and unfortunately as of last week we have taken all the pre-orders permitted. Of course we would be able to add your details to a waiting list, just like we did with the Snoopy watch if you would like me to sort this out for you?

As any one else had the same when trying to order. Just curious.

meganfox17 and Lonestar like this.
  2. sky21 Apr 22, 2016

Did the OB give you any indication of when the CK2998 will actually be available?

3. Smspectre Apr 22, 2016

Been told July.

4. sky21 Apr 22, 2016

Ok, thanks for the info.

5. Perseus Apr 22, 2016

Wow that would be much faster than the normal basel waiting period!

6. BruceTheManLee Apr 22, 2016

I was told by OB manager that the CK2998 should be an easier product to produce as its based off of the last two existing FOIS for size/movement. Unlike silver snoopy there will be no unique caseback to hold up production/distribution. but anything can happen so if it arrives by July great!

7. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 22, 2016

I'm not surprised. I hear this week at the local OB that they were filling up their list quickly... This was to be expected, really :)

(still debating whether to jump on the bandwagon or not...)

Paul

8. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2016

Yup all sold had it confirmed by omega 2 days ago

Your here for a good time not a long time... You will spend that dead!

rbob99 and Lonestar like this.
  9. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 22, 2016

D.

I have way blown my budget as you know in the past few weeks already... WAY blown it. but then again... mmmh... :)

Cheers,
    Paul

Smspectre likes this.
  10. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 22, 2016

Enablers.

I need to stay away.

Nitzbar and Mad Dog like this.
  11. sky21 Apr 22, 2016

I'm pretty sure that the OB in Fashion Valley will have a CK2998 they would love to sell you!!

12. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2016

don't they always say July? I don't know as I haven't been following very long.

13. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 22, 2016

I'm not sure I'd make the cut. I have only had a watch serviced and bought one strap and an extract at that boutique.

They know I own many Omegas, but also know I have tried on several only to come back months later with that watch that was purchased on the secondary market.

The real question is if I have something better to do with $7k. And the answer is about 100+ better things. If I did not already own 9 Omegas it might be different.

14. Superdoc Apr 22, 2016

Again, let's take a breath and remember what this means....

Everyone interested or mildly interested has put a deposit...

I am one of them, but honestly don't expect to pull the trigger unless I really love it in person... The "don't miss out " sales pitch has likely motivated many to bite, I would wager that more than a few might have paid just for the viewing opportunity when it's available.

Again, no need to panic...

Nitzbar, BruceTheManLee and RRMagyar like this.
  15. EtherMan Apr 22, 2016

I was at the boutique today looking at the FOIS and inquired about the CK2998. They were happy to pull out the new book with all the info and some nice photos, and they of course took my name to add to the list. However they said there were "already a lot of people on the list" and while not impossible, it was unlikely they would find one for me. Last year they got 2 snoopy LEs and they both went to "collectors who bought a lot of watches from them." At least they're honest. I really wonder if these "collectors" are just resellers. Who knows. She said one passed it over and it ended up going to someone on the waiting last. She also was pretty clear that the list had no set order and they offer (plan to offer) the rare watches to whomever they want. She did perk up when she asked me what other watches I had and what I did for a living, as I could probably make the short list in the future. Too bad I don't want to pay retail for a dozen or so Omegas.
    Who knows how this one will really sell. I suspect we will see them available with the big premium again on the secondary market, but I'm not convinced it will have the same hype as the Snoopy did.
    I have one long shot trump card to play, but I'll save that for the 50th if it pans out and if it's a really special one. That's a deal I could close. Of course it will probably be another platinum one, lol. I wonder if they'll up their game for the next few years on these more affordable LEs. They could potentially double production and probably still sell out. Of course some are duds like the Apollo 17 40th, but that one was way out there.
    I'm not holding my breath for the call. It was interesting as she changed her tune about if I wanted to leave a deposit for it or not, "as it could help" initially she said they weren't taking deposits. I said I'd be happy to make a 100% deposit upon delivery. I'm not sure if she understood that or not.

Edited Apr 22, 2016
  16. wsfarrell Apr 22, 2016

Reminds me: At the grocery store a while back I saw a sign that said "Don't use a bag, save 10 cents." As the clerk was adding up my items I asked "If I don't use 10 bags, can I save a dollar?" The look she gave me was......withering.

Nicherotors, Longbow, Nitzbar and 2 others like this.
  17. rbob99 Apr 22, 2016

Some people just don't have a sense of humor.

Longbow likes this.
  18. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2016

I would totally give up 10 bags for an original 2998.

demollo, Longbow and Lonestar like this.
  19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2016

As mentioned in some posts above I think clear interest is being masked somewhat by speculators who are hoping to make a bit off it. If the supply constraints present on the Snoopy aren't present this time (and I'm talking the production holdup caused by the detailed caseback not the overall numbers) I think we'll see a few people look like Ferengi trying to flip them at silly prices before realizing they're out on a branch on their own.

20. meganfox17 Apr 22, 2016

CK2998 news from South East Asia

I've been told by the GM of OB Starhill Gallery KL that 10 timepieces have been allocated to Malaysia & a quota of 20 pieces to the Switzerland of the East, rich city-state of Singapore ! The CK 2998 batch for Msia/Spore will arrive in late Oct. Pre Orders were allowed as of last week. Unconfirmed reports of 20 bookings have already been made in both countries

The GM added since i was the only woman so far... who actually called up ( It was only a prank call to be honest ! ) & express great interest in the CK2998 , he is willing to place me as Top Priority ! Of course a deposit of ~ US 1250 is required.Feeling super-excited but keeping my emotions in check, i thanked the GM & hung Up.

There's a saying .....
    Never make a decision when you are angry & Never make a promise when you are happy