Forums Latest Members
  1. RRMagyar May 12, 2016

Earlier this week my local Omega Boutique sent me an email. After placing me on a wait list at the beginning of April, I was notified that I had the green light to purchase the CK2998. So, I went over today and made the deposit -- full amount -- and they expect watch orders to begin to be fulfilled in August. I was pleasantly surprised to make the cut!

OMGRLX likes this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 12, 2016

Uk retail £4100 i might add. Dealer my order is with all 10 sold.

What i will tell you is that Snoopy orders that were not fulfilled will get first dibs so I'm told from my AD.

3. shutterlife May 12, 2016

Congrats, I was given the green light to put a deposit as well. The wait is killing me, considering a full deposit was placed. Did they let you pick an LE number?

4. RRMagyar May 12, 2016

Shutterlife, I din't even ask. I will be happy with whatever turns up!

5. alam May 12, 2016

do Boutiques pay interest on earnest money?

:p

tpatta, Lonestar, STANDY and 4 others like this.
  6. shutterlife May 12, 2016

Me as well. But when they submitted my profile. They asked me what numbers I would like, if any. But then again, I did submit my profile right after Basel.

7. demollo May 13, 2016

Congrats, cant wait to see some wrist photos popping up on the forum

8. Jaacck May 13, 2016

Exciting stuff, a fantastic looking watch. Cant wait to see the photos posted when it arrives

9. hkrauss May 13, 2016

I really don't understand this whole deposit thing. Even if I would withdraw, the dealer would have absolutely no problem selling the watch, considering the hype. So what's their fear?

10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 13, 2016

The deposit secures the order. Look at it like this....

You go to buy a car and you say you will take a new one, the first thing they ask for is a deposit to secure the order. Same for the watch. Its not a case of he can resell it immediately. Deposit = Position/order secure (you would hope).

I just hope its all handled better than the Snoopy issues as I feel Omega let a lot of loyal people down there.

Me personally, I'm not bothered which number I get, its the watch I like not the number.

tpatta likes this.
  11. hkrauss May 13, 2016

Be that as it may, I have read of so many cases where people placed deposits but still did not get their watch ("I am SO SORRY, but ...")
    I have some doubts about the extra "security" this bad habit allegedly adds to the deal.

BTW, picked up my Snoopy yesterday. No deposit.

Bruin Watch, shutterlife and Archer like this.
  12. relaxer7 May 13, 2016

good luck!

13. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? May 13, 2016

I picked up 'A journey Through Time' this morning at an Omega boutique. The staff was attentive and enthusiastic. In fact the store was actually busy compared to the other watch boutiques that are nearby. Within less than two hundred feet of the O.B. there are boutiques for Rolex, IWC, Jaeger Lecoultre, Vacheron Constantin. Most with no guests.

I spoke at length with one of the sales executives about the demand for new releases, which according to her, exceeds their ability to supply.
    I wanted to see the FOIS and the new blue and white Speedmaster, both of which I had only seen in pictures and that is still the case.
    If I understood her correctly (she had an accent, so a little unclear at times) putting a down payment on a soon to be released watch is no guarantee of delivery. There is apparently a "review process" where deposits are considered and approved. This process takes place at the offices of Omega in New Jersey where a clients profile is personally reviewed by a select committee of Swiss expatriates (just kidding about the Swiss). It sounded like the selection process that high end wineries use for determining who is to receive the newest vintage allotments.

14. BruceTheManLee May 14, 2016

Yes - they said give 3 numbers and they will try to get one of them

15. shutterlife May 14, 2016

When they submitted my profile, they asked for 3 numbers as well. And when I got approved, and placed my deposit, they said I locked my number.

I'm not bothered by what number I get, I love the watch, but it's more like icing on the cake to get a specific numbers. Like my daughters birth year, and hoping to pass the watch to her one day.

Taddyangle and oddboy like this.
  16. BruceTheManLee May 14, 2016

Yeah... icing on the cake if I get the number(s) i want.... i'm indifferent but would be nice

17. EatMan May 17, 2016

Made my deposit. a bit surprised to get the approval given my limited history with OB. Does that possibly mean the watch is not as much as in demand as Omega makes it out to be? Given that the sales rep initially seemed unclear to the vetting process although I joined the process late (about a month ago), it appears not that many people inquired about this timepiece. Anyways, would frankly love FOIS Sedna gold but can't justify the price-- that is an absolutely gorgeous piece. hoping CK2998 LE is just as good as FOIS Sedna...

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 17, 2016

You do realise the Office in New Jersey is @ulackfocus 's lounge room where there is a yes and a no box next to his lounge chair.

image.jpeg

Mad Dog and tpatta like this.
  19. ulackfocus May 17, 2016

@kingsrider - there's no such thing as a Swiss expatriate. To the Swiss, Switzerland is Utopia and all other countries are proletarian. If a Swiss citizen leaves their beloved motherland, it's because they had to, not because they wanted to. You need a brief lesson.....

In Europe, the Swiss see themselves as the supreme being and look down at all other nations. The French also have some tood about their self superiority, as do Italians and Germans. The difference is the Swiss KNOW they're superior.

In Asia, Koreans see themselves as the perfect being, above all other forms of existence.

Cubans see themselves as the apex of the hispanic cultures. Never EVER call a Cuban a Puerto Rican unless you want to get punched in the face.

Here in America, you can be a trailer park inhabiting red neck (the proper colloquialism is "tornado bait") but you still make fun of every other race & country because you're from the greatest freedom-loving gun-toting country on the face of the Earth. Super size me and pass the ammunition! To put it simply: 'Murika, f::censored::k yeah!

D.D., iancs, Mad Dog and 7 others like this.
  20. fibonacci086 May 17, 2016

Ca va l'chalet ou bien ?? :eek::D:D::screwloose::

Seaborg and Jonatan like this.