Forums Latest Members
  1. rohnin Oct 7, 2016

Hello, just became a member here! Great information on this forum.

I have a question about the case back of my new CK2998 LE. Is it normal to have the seahorse and everything rotated and not straight up and down as in most photos online? It seems they just arbitrarily positioned it.

Thanks, and looking forward to participating in more threads around here!

2. jeff5 Oct 7, 2016

Yes. It's the same on mine.

3. rohnin Oct 7, 2016

You mean rotated, too? I don't know why they do that

4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 7, 2016

It screws on and compresses a gasket. I'd guess fabrication tolerances result in them not aligning. You could always loosen the caseback slightly to get it to align, but...

5. meganfox17 Oct 7, 2016

Hi @rohnin [​IMG]Do you think you could post some photos of your CK2998 LE on this thread ? That would be really nice....

DLT222 likes this.
  6. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Oct 7, 2016

What you see @rohnin is normal, but it does bother a lot of other people, too. That's probably why Omega introduced a new case-back locking system on its latest Planet Ocean offerings, which results in consistent alignment of all case-back features.

rohnin likes this.
  7. BruceTheManLee Oct 7, 2016

Random

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. rohnin Oct 7, 2016

Oh well I guess I'll just have to live with it or sell it and try to get another one that's straight!

watchme and arno like this.
  9. larryganz The cable guy Oct 12, 2016

My Hippocampus (Sea-monster) is upright and lined up on my CK-2998. I took a bad iPhone shot in a dark room because I'm too lazy to get out of bed...

(well, it might be a few degrees off, but close enough)

IMG_4611.JPG
    rohnin likes this.
  10. zinzan8 Oct 12, 2016

Probably not arbitrarily positioned, is it? Mine is more or less straight up-and-down, like Larry's. I'm not too fussed about it, but I'd be surprised if they are sending these out with the head of the Hippocampus at, say, 4 o'clock.

As requested, please post a pic of your caseback if it really is nowhere near straight up-and-down.