Forums Latest Members
  1. brny11 Aug 5, 2016

I got the call that my ck2998 is in. Not 100% convinced I want it though. I am sure the value will go up after all pieces are accounted for - but I am not in the business of flipping watches. I will either pass on it or pick it up if I think I'll enjoy it.

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 5, 2016

Thoughts?

Sure. Buy it and enjoy it.

Unless you don't want it. In which case don't buy it.

What sort of opinions are you hoping to hear? Only you can judge whether or not you like it. There are dozens and dozens of opinions already expressed in other open threads about this watch, and they include people who purchased and then decided they did not like the watch enough to keep it, people who decided to pass entirely, and people who went ahead with the purchase even though they didn't think they really liked it, but soon changed their minds and decided they really did like it after all.

Davidt and kangajack like this.
  3. alam Aug 5, 2016

well since you asked, we have seen a few members around here in total love with the watch but also a couple of regret feelings about the same watch. The bottom line is, you are the one who must convince yourself if the watch is right for you!

::popcorn::

https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-ck2998-who-missed-out-reading-highly-recommended.42923/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/fs-bnib-omega-speedmaster-ck2998-at-msrp-7-100.43602/

4. SeanO Aug 5, 2016

all you can do is get into the AD and strap it onto your wrist.

At that time you'll know if you want to carry it out of the building or leave it there.

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 5, 2016

I love mine.

But I will say that those that have sold on the secondary market have sold at or near retail. As far as I can tell there have been 3 or 4 sales. I do not think these will increase in price, as they made too many in my opinion. And I think once all are delivered we might expect to see the prices settle even lower than the current sale prices we see now. Too many people thought this was the next snoopy.

kangajack, gttime and alam like this.
  6. alam Aug 5, 2016

:thumbsup:

I'm not into predictions but the one above is one I can live with :thumbsup:

Taddyangle likes this.
  7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 5, 2016

If you don't like it once you try it on, then just don't buy it. There are a lot on the market right now. They appear to sell at retail or so, but there are a lot on the market.. 18 or so across forums and chrono24.and ebay.

Taddyangle likes this.
  8. gttime Aug 5, 2016

I think a lot of people jumped in expecting the snoopy craze to hit again now they don't see the frenzy. You aren't the only one mate.

9. BruceTheManLee Aug 5, 2016

And people who liked the the watch when they first saw it, bought it, and loved it even more when they got it.... Like me :)

~ BruceTheManLee

RRMagyar, nima0071 and Smspectre like this.
  10. Smspectre Aug 6, 2016

And me

RRMagyar and BruceTheManLee like this.
  11. nima0071 Aug 6, 2016

IMG_2817.JPG best looking speedy in my opinion.

12. kangajack Aug 6, 2016

It's amazin how well conceived the standard Speedy Pro was. From a legibility standpoint, the standard Speedy Pro is amazing for a chronograph. It's almost like looking at a 3hander.

PS... I love your Speedy collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. chich Aug 6, 2016

Gorgeous trio! What a lovely set!

14. cffluntouch Aug 6, 2016

I tried one on today at the boutique that was already spoken for...and promptly asked them to order me one! I think it's amazing. The shade of blue against the silver dial is outstanding imho. It's the watch the new Daytona wishes it could be!

15. RRMagyar Aug 6, 2016

Nice trio of watches, nima0071!

16. meganfox17 Aug 6, 2016

A Magnificent Outstanding Handsome Trifecta of Speedmasters

EatMan likes this.
  17. EatMan Aug 6, 2016

Good to hear from ya!

meganfox17 likes this.
  18. manivxr Aug 14, 2016

It is very simple. Go and try it on. If it sings to you then buy it. If it doesn't walk away. Values going up or down should not really come into it considering you don't flip watches.

EatMan and Josh Bear like this.
  19. nmttd2 Aug 14, 2016

It's only $6,500 USD! Go and buy it! it's awesome in person.