Forums Latest Members
  1. Davidanthony Jan 24, 2019

Hi all, I've been to a number of forums on the internet and so far all I discovered is that theres a lot of misinformation about vintage omegas haha.
    I'm hoping to find someone who can give advice on this vintage seamaster. I know that the bracelet is incorrect, what I'm trying to find out is how can you tell if the bezel is original or redone / replaced??
    Also is the case back correct? Most of the ones I've seen are more concave and this one is somewhat flat.
    Otherwise from what I've found the serial number seems correct for the last year of the arrow hands and transition between a lollipop second hand and straight one. Is this accurate? THANKS!! IMG_20190122_0702372.jpg IMG_20190122_0703301.jpg IMG_20190122_0704327.jpg IMG_20190122_0705099.jpg IMG_20190122_2334408.jpg

Bayrat and murph like this.
  2. Fost Jan 25, 2019

Original , cheese holes

3. omegaswisst Jan 25, 2019

4. cristos71 Jan 25, 2019

What makes you think it is a 2913?

gemini4 likes this.
  5. speedamatuer Jan 25, 2019

Serial number looks ok for a 14755-2. Bezel also looks good, a very nice watch IMO! Care to share the story of how you came to own it?

connieseamaster likes this.
  6. trash_gordon Jan 25, 2019

Wow. These sharp bevels. That looks all original to me.

speedamatuer likes this.
  7. Davidanthony Jan 25, 2019

Hi All - THANKS so much for your input. This was incorrectly identified on another forum as a 2913 which I now see is wrong, like I said before there's a wealth of folks online who don't know what they're talking about and finding info on these vintage seamasters is something of a maze. I now see that you are correct and it is a 14755-2 which clears up some of my questions as to why it didn't seem to look right!

8. Davidanthony Jan 25, 2019

As for the history: I got this watch about 4-5 years ago. I have a friend who is a coin/stamp dealer and he had just gotten a coin collection that also included some pocket watches along with this piece which at the time was on a worn leather strap.
    When i first saw the watch it looked so clean I immediately put it in the "if its too good to be true it probably is" category and just assumed it was some kind of project or franken watch. I've owned a lot of omegas but don't know much about vintage sport models and neither did he, so when he offered it to me at a very reasonable price I figured it would make for a good fun watch to wear and didn't care much about how original it was. I never even took the back off, just put the bracelet on which was off an old longines I found. I wore it a few times but had some others I liked more so just put it away in my watch box.
    About a year ago I started to get curious about it again and took the back off expecting to be dissapointed but to my surprise it had a correct omega movement. At that time I started to do online reasearch but unlike the speedmaster there isn't much accurate info on these seamasters and what there is can be very confusing so i quickly gave up.
    Only recently while downsizing and deciding to let go of watches i don't wear did I start to research it again. Pretty much every forum I went on thought the exact same thing i did when i first got it which was "it looks too clean it must not be original" but a few members who took the time mostly concluded it was right but many said the bezel might not be original based solely on the fact that they hadn't seen one so nice before but also said they really weren't sure.
    Since i don't know the history of the watch before I got it I don't know if the previous owner had any work done to it, and if I offer it for sale I want to be accurate about condition so i thought it best to seek out the advice of more knowedgable experts which brought me to this site. I'm still confused as to how to identify an original bezel so if anyone can offer suggestions please let me know. THANKS

9. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jan 25, 2019

This may help. Posted by a OF Bezel Boss a while back

Original
    61F59E8F-8985-4CF2-B110-9DE4B7873F33.png

One version of repro
    0F7DA773-E665-4E33-A0EE-D5BAF2335A5F.png

bardamu likes this.
  10. OMEGuy Jan 25, 2019

Your Seamaster 300 is a beauty! Looks completely genuine and merely worn to me...

Wear it more often and in good health! :thumbsup:

11. trash_gordon Jan 25, 2019

And wear it with care…the bezel will be thankfull :)

12. connieseamaster Jan 25, 2019

That's one of the cleanest examples I've ever seen. Very nice!

13. Franco Jan 25, 2019

The only one who can redo these bezels correcty (and this is nice) is called Aldo Feruglio "Milwatchmaker" in Udine, IT. He has done dozen from all over the world. I am told that, short of asking him directy, a good way to diagnose a repaint from him is to take the bezel out and look for speckles and traces of black paint at the back of the bezel, on the steel. he intentionally laves those to make sure they are recognisable.

14. Davidanthony Jan 25, 2019

Wow guys, THANKS for all the GREAT info. So going by Gemini4's post and judging the bezel under these standards (which i assume is accurate) I would need to lean towards the bezel has been redone/replaced. The numerals are pretty even and although the edge is straight there's no gap whatsoever between the edge of the bezel and the metal rim. Heres the best close up I could get, would you say this is an accurate assessment??

IMG_20190125_1138374.jpg