Forums Latest Members
  1. Rolexfan33 Oct 17, 2018

Hi everyone,

A few years ago I purchased a pretty beat up CK2913-3. It's been serviced by the great Al from Archer watches and he did his miracle work to get it up and running properly again. I even went and got an Extract of the Archives from Omega for the watch and my worries of it being a "frakenwatch" were put to rest.

But there's still one thing that nags at me constantly. The bezel.

Someone (I'm guessing years ago) tried to redo the bezel and while they did an acceptable job, it's not 100% accurate. I really wish they had just left it alone.

So, I contacted the great Aldo and sent him some pics. He said he could help me out but to send more pics.

I sent more pics and that's when he stopped responding.

That was 2 years ago and I decided to try one last time. No response. So I assume he's either: 1) Extremely busy or 2) can't help me out.

Wondering if anyone else around here knows of someone that can redo the bezel?

I've seen this bezel insert on ebay but it looks like it's plastic and while it looks "okay"...it doesn't have the concave shape that is so distinctive to these watches.

2. nerdbedusa Oct 17, 2018

Referring to the 2913 bezel, Aldo is the best.

I had a 2913-1 CCW bezel done by him. And his work is really excellent.

Don't understand why he's not answering you. He used to be online all the time I was in contact with him.

3. mac_omega Oct 17, 2018

Maybe because you are a Rolexfan :whistling:

KstateSkier likes this.
  4. Rolexfan33 Oct 17, 2018

lol

yeah...excuse the name! It's a long story.

I know Aldo is the best which is why I'd love to work with the guy but I've emailed him twice (after the initial convos) and nothing. I don't get it myself b/c it sounded like he was good to go and then, nothing, nada, zilch.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  5. nerdbedusa Oct 17, 2018

Which one is fake?

upload_2018-10-17_19-29-53.jpeg

6. hanky6 Oct 17, 2018

nerdbedusa likes this.
  7. nerdbedusa Oct 17, 2018

Yeah, that's right... :)

8. Rolexfan33 Oct 17, 2018

9. nerdbedusa Oct 17, 2018

Yes. Sorry.