Forums Latest Members

Citizen divers automatic- 1990s

1. nkb May 2, 2020

Hi everyone, I hope you are all staying safe and healthy.
    I have been looking at this and wondering what the enthuasists think?
    The serial number (620854) dates it to February of the 6th year of the decade in question.

The inscription says "1996" and "Dada Gorgud" is a submersible oil rig built in 1982, registered in Azerbaijan by the Azerbaijan International Operating Company "AIOC" and was involved in drilling in the Caspian Sea at the time (still operating now!). I think it is an interesting story about the watch being used on an oil-rig! The condition of the watch matches it being used in such an environment and I am wondering who would have used it??

Going back to the condition: To me all is original except for maybe the crown? I don't mind the bezel and case condition because it is consistent with age and considering where it was used so is a good indicator of originality.
    There are no pictures of the movement but it would be a Citizen cal 8200 series 21 jewels and the seller says its running.

Price is $106, a little high I think especially as it would need a service. What do the enthuasists think about this watch?

CD1.jpg

CD2.jpg

CD3.jpg

CD4.jpg CD5.jpg
    CD6.jpg

2. ConElPueblo May 2, 2020

I think that watch looks fantastic :cool:

Googling the reference, I'd say you are right in judging the crown to be a replacement.

3. nkb May 2, 2020

4. nkb May 2, 2020

Do you think it may be an issue in terms of water resistance if the crown is a replacement?

5. ConElPueblo May 2, 2020

Yes, I definitely think so.

I consider it "awesome".

KingCrouchy and nkb like this.