Forums Latest Members

SOLD Circa 1966 Omega Speedmaster 105.012-65 (Head Only) $6,800.00

1. ndgal Jun 5, 2018

Fire up those Ultrasonic Cleaners!

For your consideration is this vintage circa 1966 Omega Speedmaster ref: 105.012-65.
    Serial: 22.82X.XXX

I am offering this watch in "As Found" condition.

Dial: Original close T's applied logo dial. Tritium plots have turned Green and looks like they have been stabilized in the past. The dial does not show any damage. The Green spots between 9 and 1 o'clock look like residue from the material used to stabilize the lume plots. Looks like it is flaking off and most if it could probably be cleaned off by a skilled watchmaker. White spots around hour counter subdial hand are a couple of white paint chips (most likely from hands) and a couple of white smudges.

Hands:
    Original hour & minute hands. (Some Tritium missing). Sweep Chrono & subdial hands are service replacements.

Case:
    'HF' asymmetrical case. Appears to have been polished in the past. Case shows wear, (Please refer to pictures).

Caseback: 105.012-65 Double bevel.

Crown:
    Service replacement.

Pushers:
    Original wide/short pushers.

Bezel: Original "DON" (Dot Over Ninety) TACHYMETRE bezel. Some wear as shown.

Plexi: Original with narrow logo. I just cleaned it up so I will be able to take unobstructed photos of the dial.

Bracelet:
    None. (Head only).

Movement:
    Omega Cal 321 is running. Chrono function works and chrono hand resets to 12:00. Hour counter subdial hand does not re-set. There is no known service history, I have been wearing the watch for the past few days and it keeps pretty good time. Only gaining about 10 seconds per day.

Accessories:
    Omega Extract Of The Archives has been ordered and will be shipped to the buyer upon arrival from the Omega Museum.

Notes:
    This is a nice (and a pretty easy) little project which will end up a cool "Daily beater" 105.012-65 (The REAL Moonwatch). The Green patina on the markers looks pretty darn cool. It Actually looks awesome (IMO) mounted on a Green Nato strap! (check out last 3 images).

[Watch is sold] $6,800.00 net to me which will include worldwide shipping.
    Payment by wire or PayPal (Buyer covers fees).

Located in Los Angeles.
    Local F2F deals are welcome.

This watch is sold AS IS, "As Found" Therefore, I will not accept returns.
    Interested buyers can contact me and I can send you HUGE versions of the pictures in this listing.

Thanks OF for the space!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]