Circa 1949 Omega in 18 kt. Gold, mystery model

Dear good people of the Omega Forums,

I humbly ask for your help. I'm just a young man looking to buy his first proper watch and I'm afraid I am quite ignorant when it comes to watches. Now I found myself strongly attracted to vintage Omega watches and I stumbled upon one in particular that I fell in love with.
I would love to buy it, but I want to make sure it is authentic and indeed worth the price that is asked. Perhaps it is of interest to you guys for its own sake as well, because the seller told me that he showed the watch in question to various connaisseurs and enthousiasts, but there was no consensus as to which model it is precisely. The seller seems to be a collector himself and says he has never seen one like it before, and nor have I -- not that that means very much.

Here's all the information I have gathered about it (for photos, see below):

- Date: It is dated circa 1949 and it was retailed in Portugal. It is stamped with the Salazar mark. Salazar was the fascist dictator of Portugal at the time. He was in power from 1932 to 1972, so unfortunately that doesn't help us much with dating the piece. Nonetheless, it is better than nothing.

- Movement: Cal. 265

- Material: The case is in 18 kt. solid gold (the diameter is 33,5 mm). The buckle is in 14 kt. gold.

- Condition: The seller claims that he has had it checked by a trusted watchmaker and that it is in great condition.

- Model: The seller told me the following: "I have sent pictures to Omega collectors and enthousiasts and the opinions are divergent. Some say it's one model and others say it is another. You find this movement with this exact dial, but not with these lugs."

- Price: The seller is asking 1800 euros for it.

Please see the pictures below.

So, what do you make of it? Is it the real deal or fool's gold?
Above all, I would like to be sure that I would be paying a reasonable price for it. The seller seems like a pleasant and decent man, but of course I don't know him personally.
And, if you'd like to argue about which model it might be, by all means have at it. I'm sure the seller would also be interested to hear if someone knows more about it.

I would be very grateful for any advice you can offer!

IMG_1900.jpg
IMG_1901.jpg
IMG_1902.jpg
IMG_1903.jpg
IMG_1904.jpg
IMG_1905.jpg
IMG_1906.jpg

Caseback hallmark looks like 0.800 fineness or 19k. From previous threads I recall 19k is a common gold fineness in Portugal, so it makes sense to assume it has been cased by a local goldsmith.
I think if you search this forum you will be able to find similar examples and maybe even the name of the case manufacturers.

Like 2
The case is not made by Omega.
I suggest you give it a pass unless its dirt cheap...

Like 1
As Mac says. Also crown not original, refinished dial. Bridge on movement looks to be replaced due to codition vs. Rest of movement

hard pass

Like 1
Just look at how the sub-dial printing is entered in the recess. It’s really off centre, indicating that the dial has been refinished, and done poorly. That’s pretty much an automatic pass for most here...

Like 1
Thanks very much guys. All that is very helpful to know.
I totally lack the expertise for judging these things, so you really saved me.

Also makes me realise I should really start doing my homework ::book:: if I want to find a decent watch.

All the best.