Forums Latest Members
  1. tck1979 Oct 11, 2015

I recently found this Seamaster which is likely a 1956 or 1957 as per the serial number. I have searched all over the web and haven't seen another with a dial like this. It doesn't look like a re-finished dial???

I like the look and it's in reasonably good condition (other than the metal bracelet which obviously wasn't made for this watch, and which I intend to replace with a leather strap). I got it for pretty cheap so I won't be crushed if there's anything fishy about it.

The case number is 2759 10 sc and it has a 420 caliber movement.

Any thoughts?

57.JPG 57-1.JPG 57-5.JPG
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 11, 2015

Yes it does. The writing looks shaky and the inking uneven. It has hands with grooves for lume - where are the lume plots on the dial?

3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Oct 11, 2015

I agree with Lou, unfortunately it looks like a redial. :unsure:

4. tck1979 Oct 11, 2015

Yeah, I thought the Omega lettering looked a little uneven too. Keep in mind though the glare from the dial makes it look double vision like and it looks a little better in person. In any case it was practically free, so I don't really care. It must have been redone a long time ago since the dial doesn't exactly look pristine.

What I don't get is if it is redial why wasn't it done in the original style? The rings around the minute markers is what I can't find on any other dials from the time period. It seems they would have stuck to the original design.

If anyone thinks any differently let me know.

Edited Oct 11, 2015
  5. Hijak Oct 12, 2015

+2 on redial! And on top of that hands too long for this style of minute track.