Forums Latest Members

Chronostop mesh strap advice needed, please! (1120/116)

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 29, 2016

All,

I am fancying this mesh strap, from a forum, for a soon-to-come driver version of Omega's least-understood-ever timepiece...

Having not ever seen one in real life, and my only experience with meshes being this https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-mans-gotta-do-what-a-mans-gotta-do-memomatic-inside.39286/, I am not sure what questions to ask for about its conditions, especially as the adjustment system is based on metal elasticity if I can see right.

Additionnally, are we missing some kind of end-links of some sort? It looks to me like pins would not stay there without anything else...

mesh3.jpg mesh2.jpg mesh1.jpg

Can you experts let me know what you think, and which questions I should ask via email to the seller?

Thank you!
    Paul

Edited Apr 29, 2016
  2. DJM74 Apr 29, 2016

I have the same strap that came with My Chronstop from @tyrantlizardrex it looks like it is all there and you do just have Pins on the end. The Adjustment is done via the small screws on the end see below.
    Apart from that it looks like it is all there possible could do with being cleaned / polished up .

Strap 1.jpeg Strap.jpeg

Lonestar and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 29, 2016

Thank you. I get the adjustment scheme now, thanks to you. I though you had to open both tabs then slide one half of the bracelet then press them back, which made me worried. I get it now. Also it looks like that screw did see some serious use, too.

your input on pins helps, too. thank you.

Yes, it definitely needs a cleaning for sure.

The price is appealing though, at 180EUR it's way cheaper than any other I've seen. My shortly-coming Chronostop Driver is in "unrestored" case shape too, so a polishing wouldn't necessarily match the watch, but a cleaning is mandatory no matter what.

Thanks!
    Paul

4. DJM74 Apr 29, 2016

That does seem a good price i have seen them for a lot more than that !! I have since bought the same clasp from another forum member and added a new leather strap for a bit of variety ;)

Daniel

IMG_6607.JPG

smitty190373 likes this.
  5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 29, 2016

Looking good - how did you then fix the (leather) strap to the clasp?

Thanks!

6. DJM74 Apr 29, 2016

The guy that made the strap for me did it all I sent him the clasp still on the strap it came with as you need the vital metal ends ( the bit with the screws in ) and then he worked his magic !!

7. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 29, 2016

Understand, thanks. I've emailed the seller, I think I'll give it a go :) Will post pics when it arrives, thank you!

Paul

DJM74 likes this.