Forums Latest Members
  1. jay-arg Mar 12, 2015

Hi all,

I'm interested in this Chronostop Driver date. Just curious your thoughts. IMO, the dial and case looks good, but the crystal seems a little strange. Haven't seen this with a magnifier over the date before. Also no omega engraving though the owner says everything is original. Also, no picts of the movement. Owner saying never been open. Thanks in advance.

Dial.jpg case back.jpg

2. lillatroll Mar 12, 2015

I have one of these, without the date, The case has water resistant to 30meters around the edge. The strap is not original either, but There is a NOS one on ebay for 125 quid at the moment. Not sure about the date. The crystal should have an omega logo in the middle.

3. lillatroll Mar 12, 2015

Sorry mine says waterproof tested to 30m

4. lillatroll Mar 12, 2015

Sorry mine says waterproof tested to 30m

5. jay-arg Mar 13, 2015

Thanks for the response. This one doesn't seem to have anything on the caseback.

6. lillatroll Mar 13, 2015

After a bit more looking about I saw some others that didn t have it on the case, maybe my case is not original, although the advertising blurb says they a re waterproof. I didn t see any with that cyrstal though.

7. jay-arg Mar 13, 2015

8. lillatroll Mar 13, 2015

To be honest if there is only one or two of them about it either means it is non original or extremely rare, If it was the latter then I suppose it would be priced accordingly. I paid about 900 quid for mine, in May of last year,that is 100 % original apart from a NOS strap. They are not the most expensive watches you can buy which means that it might be sensible to find a tip top one, rather than a cheap one. Obviously I don t know what they are asking.