Forums Latest Members
  1. MiloChowFun Mar 16, 2018

My buddy has a Omega 3210.50 Speedmaster he like to sell to me and price is reasonable and better than market.
    He gave me for a few days to try on and see if I'm interested.
    Only issue is that the chronograph hand seem to be off center mark on reset by very few micro mm. Think the hand is a little loose? Is this normal for a older watch?
    When you shake your wrist it moves left or right of the center by that micro mm.
    I'm sort of OCD but do like it for a starter omega. Wonder if it's a easy fix from a trusted experience watch maker.

2. dan7800 Mar 16, 2018

Someone else can chime in, but it likely needs a fairly expensive service.

Look on this forum, this has been amply discussed for Speedmaster automatics.

3. MiloChowFun Mar 16, 2018

On a note. When you start the chronograph. It begins at the center point, even if it's to left or right of center. Eg. If it's left of center it will jump to center and start right when you push the pusher. And if it's to right of center it will move to center as well and start as soon as pusher is pushed.

4. dan7800 Mar 16, 2018

Without getting into technical, my guess is that you'll need to send it off to a watchmaker.

5. dx009 Mar 16, 2018

I guess if it was off and it stayed that way you would just have to remove the hand and adjust it but if you say that it wiggles about a little bit there might be some issue with a part or parts on the inside... Normally they have to fit just right and be tight (but lubricated) so that the movement will run "like a swiss watch".

Whether it needs an overhaul or parts replacement the thing is that it needs to be opened up, inspected and then some work needs to be done in there...

If the price was good I would certainly seal the deal... If it's just a 100$ difference then factor in the costs of potential work to be done on it and see if you're fine with that or not.