Forums Latest Members

Chronocentric Chronotrader - advice on seller and platform

1. GregH Dec 2, 2016

Hi all;
    I'm looking at a vintage Omega being sold by a seller "Yves" on Chronotrader.
    I've never used the platform and don't know the seller and was wondering if anyone has feedback on the seller and / or advice on using that particular platform. I've become spoiled with how comfortable it is to purchase here.
    Feel free to PM me instead of posting if you prefer.
    Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Greg.

2. abrod520 Dec 2, 2016

There are many scammers on Chronotrader, but there are also many people who are not afraid to speak up should you post a question asking for references, which is often done over there!

MikiJ likes this.
  3. Majork Dec 2, 2016

4. Fost Dec 2, 2016

Yves is a trusted seller

5. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Dec 2, 2016

Nothing wrong with CT but do your homework.

bardamu and MikiJ like this.
  6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 2, 2016

I bought from a seller on Chronotrader, I posted a public call for references before finalizing and got about 10 replies within a couple of hours.
    I must say I was impressed by the prompt and courteous response.

MikiJ likes this.
  7. GregH Dec 3, 2016

Thanks to everyone for the input. It's really appreciated. I dithered to long and missed my chance, but I'm grateful for the thoughts and for the time to really get a better sense of that platform. I am really appreciative of the creators of this forum, both on the technical side (the forum is usable on a small device, has sensible rules and regs, etc) and especially for fostering the community here.
    Gratitude.

ahartfie and Syrte like this.
  8. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 3, 2016

Agreed this forum is great also from a technical viewpoint. Super pleasant to use from a mobile.

ahartfie likes this.