Forums Latest Members
  1. leefowler Jun 2, 2019

Ok purchased my first watch on Chrono23 from a trusted dealer with good reviews in Spain, Watchesnorte SL is the dealer. Payment has cleared through Escrow and I am awaiting him to ship the watch acording to Chrono24. I have now received a message from him saying, Sorry the request was Canceled This watch is not sold at the end for the agreed amount. Retraction It was notified to Chrono24 two days ago Thank you, even though the payment has cleared! The watch has now been listed again on Chrono24 but for around £5k more. It is only a 16710 so what the hell, have we not completed the transaction? I have contacted Chrono24 but am at present awaiting a reply. The dealer again is Watchesnorte SL in Spain!

2. stevec14 Jun 2, 2019

Sounds odd - they appear to have reasonable reviews too. What was the year/price agreed etc. Was it a clear bargain? Maybe someone offered them a few more quid after you had agreed sale?

3. tyrantlizardrex Jun 2, 2019

The money shouldn’t clear until you have the watch - that’s how the Chrono24 system works....

stahlmotte and marco like this.
  4. stevec14 Jun 2, 2019

I think he meant cleared into the chrono 24 escrow acct, not the dealers acct.

5. ATWG Jun 2, 2019

I stay clear of C24, and am quite familiar with that seller...be thankful the deal fell through, take my word for it.

The only good thing about C24, is the ability to purchase thru their “trusted seller” setup. However, the name is quite deceiving, it’s a mine field.

connieseamaster likes this.
  6. Mr Blond Jun 2, 2019

I’ve only had bad experiences with chrono24 with sellers wanting more money or to do a deal outside of chrono24. Best to leave them a bad review and move on.

7. dabbispade Jun 2, 2019

I am getting so mixed review of buying and selling on chrono24

8. tyrantlizardrex Jun 2, 2019

As to be expected.

9. Atalien2005 Jun 2, 2019

I’ve purchased a couple of watches via C24 and haven’t had a problem at all. Watches were as described and the negotiations/transaction were smooth.

I’ve also contacted a seller on the platform and was able to complete the deal f2f. My take is it’s a great resource to check prices and complete deals, but only through Trusted Checkout.

10. Dan S Jun 2, 2019

Well that's pretty annoying, and the 5k increase sounds absurd on a 16710.

Most likely you will not be able to leave a review, since the deal didn't go through. And this explains why the seller has good reviews.

connieseamaster likes this.
  11. X5Mita Jun 4, 2019

Are chrono24 sellers vetted and are the watches guaranteed authentic?

12. jsducote Jun 4, 2019

You be the judge -- From today's 'saved search' alone. This is now called a panda?
    upload_2019-6-4_17-6-25.png

13. Joe_A Jun 4, 2019

I think the Chrono24 vehicle is a good vehicle when Trusted Check-out is used. Full disclaimer, I have only bought one watch through Chrono24 thus far and it was a domestic transaction with a dealer in Texas that went very smoothly.

There are a number of Gallet Flying Officer watches that show up on Chrono24 from time to time that have incorrect hands - cathedral/syringe.

Here is one such:

Snap1.jpg

Sometimes these show up two at a time from different dealers. I'm told they originate in Florida.

I've seen other watches show up there that are franken-watches.

It should not be assumed that everything one sees on Chron24 is genuine.

Info on Flying Officer here:

Flying Officer on Gallet World Site

14. X5Mita Jun 4, 2019

yeah okay.... sure haha

15. WatchShopping Jun 4, 2019

They still have the ability to cancel your order as they haven't shipped out your watch. Once it has made its way to your hands, that's when the transaction with you is complete and they get paid.

16. dwboston Jun 4, 2019

I've had two transactions on Chrono24, one as a seller and one as a buyer, and both were positive experiences. Used the escrow service for both transactions and it worked as expected with no problems.

17. Manong Jun 4, 2019

I've had one purchase thru Chrono24, using the escrow service. It went smooth. That said, I'll be more cautious given the mixed reviews posted here.

Best of luck.

18. kippyk Jun 4, 2019

I had a bad experience. Made deal..paid money to escrow...and then no shipping. C24 would not refund money until non-shipping seller agrees! That's right, everybody agrees the watch did not ship, but the money is released from escrow only after the seller agrees to cancel the deal. I contacted my credit card company to cancel the transaction.

19. Shabbaz Jun 5, 2019

Chrono is just a selling and buying place. Nothing more. You need to do your homework (just like on ebay) and if you dont you get burned. Chrono only checks if the seller owns the watch (seller needs to send two pictures of the watch to chrono with a specific time before getting the add online) but that's it. Authenticity is not guaranteed. If the seller uses chrono escrow service he had to give his accountnumber and ID to chrono so this is another safety check by chrono. So just do your due dilligence, stay smart when buying and nothing will happen.

KingCrouchy, Manong, Dan S and 3 others like this.
  20. staristheanswer Jun 5, 2019

Okay you bought the watch on Chrono23 and you expect Chrono24 to send it to you?
    That's absurd :D

youncs likes this.