Forums Latest Members
  1. AVOGT May 13, 2014

Hey everybody.
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience buying watches from the site chrono24... http://www.chrono24.com/

I am looking at a Breitling Navitimer for a really good price but am a bit sceptical about dropping thousands of dollars at a site that I know nothing about. The seller is in Germany which makes it a touch more scary. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. May 13, 2014

Chrono24 is just a platform for sellers to parade their wares. You will be primarily dealing with the seller/dealer and not chrono24, the company. I have one experience buying from that platform from a German dealer. Prices are usually higher and I will prefer not buying there unless it is a rare or less common timepiece.

3. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner May 14, 2014

Hi,

I´ve bought a Speedy Snoopy from Italy last month via chrono24 ...

Yes the prices are a little higher (mostly), but in personal contact with the dealer you can also talk about the price!
    Important is that you check the authenticity of the Dealer, look about these signs, how good is the dealer in comparison to others:

[​IMG]

More about that, have a look at the name of the dealer and check him at the standard searchingmachines and give a call at the phone
    to check if the adress is linked to a good feeling ... moreover if a store is advertised look at gxxgle streetview if the store is realy at the
    shown adress ... you have to have a good feeling with the dealer! Independingly in which country he is located!

I had payed via paypal, because it is a little more saver than a standard moneytransfer, but - you will not get that much reduction of
    the price with paypal, because some dues need to be payed to paypal by the dealer for the transfer.

Ask about the shippment, my watch came perfectly via Fedex within 24 hours from Italy to Austria, but i also heard some bad shipments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least, check if the watch it really complete with all original papers, box, whitebox, etc.! Ask for more detailled fotos, i would be surpised if the
    dealer is not able to send you more pictures and others than shown on chrono24 ;-)

[​IMG]

What more can I tell?!? hm, if you have more questions - ask :)

Regards,
    Hans

Tritium likes this.