Forums Latest Members
  1. pongster Mar 8, 2020

is it possible for a Trusted Seller in Chrono24 to be a scammer?

would have wanted to get from OF but i dont see the watch i want being advertised here.

2. Meme-Dweller Mar 8, 2020

Always possible, but less likely. I've seen eBay Powersellers with over 20k+ feedback hacked. Just try your best to use recoverable funds whenever possible, like with credit card or PayPal directly with seller.

3. janice&fred Mar 8, 2020

maybe a bit off-topic but I always found stuff on chrono24 to be wildly overpriced. what is it that you're looking for? is it hard to find? if you track down whatever it is from a NYC dealer I could assist you in the transaction now that we're stateside.

Sidnos and connieseamaster like this.
  4. Dan S Mar 8, 2020

Accounts can be hacked, so be careful. Ask for custom photos.

5. wsfarrell Mar 8, 2020

Chrono24 uses an escrow service: seller sends watch after C24 says they have your payment; C24 releases funds to seller after you say you're satisfied with watch. Thus it's extremely unlikely you'd lose your money to a scammer. As said above, prices are stratospheric--so make an offer and see what happens.

wristpirate and pseikotick like this.
  6. osc Mar 8, 2020

I've read elsewhere that the funds will only be returned if the seller also agrees. Which means, those funds could potentially be kept in limbo indefinitely.

7. jaguar11 Mar 9, 2020

Yes indeed... The pricing is ambitious to say the least. I have been looking for a particular model for some time and now and again I pay a visit to Chrono24. The bulk of what I would be interested in has been sitting there for the last 9 months with some of the dealers actually increasing their prices!! Private seller items seem to be priced at a more realistic level.

8. WatchCor Mar 9, 2020

This is true imo also. I think it has to do something with the recent massive rise in the cut they take from each sale.

Not long ago (6-12mo) their cut was capped, now it's a steady percentage of the final sale value.

9. pongster Mar 9, 2020

Thanks for all responses.

I think the big cut that Chrono24 takes has incentivized some sellers to transact outside the platform. While they can afford to give better prices this way, this removes the Chrono24 escrow protection.

For sellers with hundreds of reviews spanning years, i dont mind. And have actually pulled the trigger several times.

My issue is latest purchase am eyeing. Only trusted seller since 2018. And only has five reviews - from two countries (one of which is country of seller).

So am having second thoughts.