Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaLife May 2, 2020

Hello!

As some may have seen in my other posts I recently acquired the new Seamaster 300 No Time To Die Bond watch. In order to raise some funds I recently put on the market my On Her Majesty's Secret Service Seamster 300 LE on Chrono24. I purchased it in December 2019 from an OB but ready to part ways as it won't get the wrist time and I never really fell in love with it. This is my first time as a seller on Chrono24 and I was wondering what seller protections I have? I ask because I have had a few buyers reach to me and make offers only to never hear from them again even when I have been flexible on the price. I even had someone purchase it to only have Chrono24 cancel the order and tell me something went wrong with their payment. Normally you hear about buyers being nervous but as a seller I am a little shy as well. What do you guys think?

AF6D3DB4-824B-43DE-9837-D3A19E564DE7.jpeg

Edited May 2, 2020
  2. Dan S May 2, 2020

IIRC, @Shabbaz has mentioned that he sells on C24 regularly.

3. Shabbaz May 2, 2020

Never had any problems. After payment is done on the chrono escrow account I send the watch to the buyers adress. After it is delivered it takes app. 7 workdays before chrono pays out.

Mark020 and marco like this.
  4. Shabbaz May 2, 2020

But I dont know what kind of protection you have when a buyer starts to complain, etc. I've never had any problems and I've sold dozens of watches on chrono.

5. OmegaLife May 2, 2020

Thanks for the reply!

6. KingCrouchy May 2, 2020

I had once a problem with a buyer, because the glas got a crack. Chrono24 let you then find a solution with the buyer. I paid for a repair at a local Watchshop and the buyer was happy. I don't know what would have happen if we wouldn't have reached a Agreement.

7. Evose May 2, 2020

I'm currently looking to purchase on C24 and I'm nervous from a buyer standpoint. Read too many threads about problematic experiences; sellers seem to have an easier time.

8. OmegaLife May 2, 2020

My watch on C24 right now is considered reserved but the buyer has not closed out the deal on their end so I am in limbo. They have also not responded to any of my message requests. Would much prefer to sell within the OF community if I could.

marco likes this.
  9. KingCrouchy May 2, 2020

I'm sorry but to sell here here you need to have 200 posts first. Chrono24 has those issues sometimes. I would just wait and either the deal gets closed or you can contact the Chrono24 hotline and they can cancel the deal.

OmegaLife likes this.
  10. befobe May 2, 2020

Made several deals on ch24, as a buyer, as a seller. I always have the people on phone, and my feeling does the job. If I don't feel something good on phone, I give up...
    No problem so far...

McKnife and OmegaLife like this.
  11. OmegaLife May 2, 2020

Thanks all for the input. Good news is I am not in a rush to sell. If C24 ends up as a bust maybe I’ll trade it for something I else I like but would prefer the funds!

12. WatchCor May 2, 2020

I've made several purchases and sales through Ch24 as private individual. I have bought from private individuals and registered sellers. I've luckily have had no issues this far.

Do your due diligence , ask for photos and make every deal through the escrow would be my advice.

OmegaLife likes this.
  13. Evose May 2, 2020

That's right. Cover all your bases; most trusted sellers I have come across seemed legitimate and sent videos/photos upon request to ensure the product was as described. I did notice some don't offer PayPal, though.

14. pdxleaf ... Nov 28, 2022

Had my first sale on chrono24. Did a little research on the seller, who looked legit. Insured amd mailed to the adrress provided by chrono24, only to see the tracking saying the watch was being forwarded at the destination.

So start to wonder if we have a potential scam. Contact the seller, who says he moved from the address one year ago.

The watch showed up to his correct address. Lesson learned is to verify the address with the buyer before shipping. If the buyer says it's incorrect, they can correct it in chrono24 before shipping.

Phew.

Shabbaz, 8100_RPM and rendo like this.
  15. GandOsDad Nov 28, 2022

I bought my Tudor Pelagos FXD from a private seller on Chrono24. Excellent communication, confirmed serial on watch matched card, no issues. Would recommend

16. johnireland Nov 29, 2022

I've had no trouble buying on Chrono24, but listing a watch to sell there got to be so involved and boring, I pulled it and listed it somewhere else. It is a very attractive site and I will give them another chance some day.

17. OlgaToska Feb 13, 2023

Hello. I would like your advice. I am knew in this, I am selling my watch. Got completely confused where is safe to sell, why they keep your money 1 month, extra charges... I would like to sell. Please, advice me, is it better to sell on Chrono 24, eBay or may be some auction. I will really appreciate))
    for 7 month, can't decide(

18. EuroDriver 1st Seamaster 75th Anniversary Owner Feb 13, 2023

Strictly speaking high-end watches, I have bought 1 through eBay and a couple through Chrono24. The experience on both sites were smooth and hassle-free. Only difference was that through Chrono24 I had to pay a foreign exchange fee.

Nevertheless it was worth it because the watches I purchased there seemed better taken care of, had cards, boxes, etc and overall was just a classier experience. Of course, it depends on the seller but it was hard to find like condition on eBay.

As far as selling, I recently sold on eBay. The buyer used my watch for a few days then filed a claim which eBay approved without even giving me a chance to participate. Watch came back scratched, the wooden box was also scuffed and the outer box torn.

However ebay is working with me to reimburse me for repairing the scratches on the watch and box, and torn outer box.

Regardless of the reimbursement, the experience was unpleasant. Next time I'm going to try Chrono24 or wait until I reach 200 posts here.

19. gbesq Feb 13, 2023

I've sold several watches on C24. No issues with any of the buyers and the process was smooth with each transaction. My impression is that C24 probably offers more protection to buyers than to sellers, so I think that it's important to protect yourself as best you can by taking multiple photos of the watch and a video with date stamps, making a video of the packing process, and shipping the watch fully insured using an expedited service. I try to evaluate the prospective buyer as best I can, but you can't completely eliminate the risk of selling to someone who you don't know. I do like the fact that Chrono24 requires the buyer to pay the purchase price into escrow before I'm obligated to ship.

johnireland likes this.
  20. OlgaToska Feb 13, 2023