Forums Latest Members
  1. Texas_Tom Feb 10, 2014

Hi all, I have found my grail.. its listed on Chrono24. It is a possible Brick and Mortar location in Japan.. Granos Watches. I have emailed my list of verification questions, they responded with positive "yes's" to my inquiries.

http://www.granoswatch.com/

1. Have people in the US had any dealings with this store? They have 48 Omegas listed for purchase.
    2. Any advice on how to fully Vet a company from Japan?

Thanks for your brilliant insight :)

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 10, 2014

Not familiar with them, but a couple of general observations for what it's worth...

- they seem to be fairly new to chrono24

- the return policy is very restrictive and would give me significant pause.
    http://www.granoswatch.com/returns-policy.html

- of the watches listed on chrono24 nothing stood out to me as an offering so rare or hard to find you couldn't find a seller closer to home, and with a more generous return policy.

citizenrich likes this.
  3. alam Feb 10, 2014

+1

These are all good observations, specially the last bullet - BTW, some of these models have sold by members of this forum and seem to come around often around here.

Texas Tom, what's your grail again?

citizenrich likes this.
  4. ICONO Feb 10, 2014

Chrono24 also tends to be very expensive, due to the outrageous fees they charge the Sellers to use their platform.

I have often seen exactly the same watch advertised on the Sellers own site, for a very significantly lower price.

This is particularly true of Southern European Sellers, who are struggling to find 'Dollar / Sterling rich' Buyers,
    & who generally ( not unfailingly ! ), have more integrity, than some US Sellers I have dealt with.

It is well worth having a poke round in the shadows, before committing to a Japanese Corporation.

citizenrich likes this.
  5. NT931 Feb 10, 2014

They have a fair number of Speedy's, and if your grail is a Speedy, the alternative source is our forum member Kringkily who has many good reviews. Just search in the 'Seller Profiles' section. Hope this helps!

Nobel Prize likes this.
  6. Texas_Tom Feb 11, 2014

I am the search for the Seamaster 2535.80 Blue GMT. Pretty tough to find, and I missed the last 2 that came on the market..

7. ulackfocus Feb 11, 2014

Don't worry, Omega made more than 2. It's just that you have to be the one to grab the next listing. Here's two search sites that will help you in your watch quest:

http://www.watchdealseeker.com

http://www.watchrecon.com

Happy hunting!

8. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 11, 2014

easy peas just message me if you want :)

Nobel Prize and bacaitlin like this.
  9. emielke Dec 9, 2014

Hi All, I am looking for a Speed Master 3210.50

as it has the date functionality and slightly more water resistant.

or do you think I should get the official moon watch 3570.50 ? it will be my first Omega.

10. dfiled Dec 10, 2014

You've buried the lede. Start a new thread maybe?

11. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Dec 10, 2014

Not exactly sure if I agree on this. Chrono24 charges dealers an X amount per number of listings per month, like a subscription. Although they tend to increase prices every year (like every business seems to do), they make sure the dealer get a lot of business world-wide. For private sellers, they charge a fee now as well but with a cap. A friend of mine has a watch shop for almost 17 years and the amount of sales he does and people he gets into his shop due to Chrono24 is approx 90%.

The dealer sets the price, so if their prices are high, then this is hardly the fault of Chrono24.

emielke likes this.
  12. emielke Dec 10, 2014

Sorry I was looking on Chrono24 for Speedmaster 3210.50 - specifically Granos has what appears to be a good deal. That's how I wound up at this thread. Anyone had any experience with Granos on Chrono 24 recently?