Forums Latest Members

Christian Lofi - Watch Scammer from Germany

1. schnappi Jun 14, 2015

Dear All, was reading the withdrawn watch stories here on a Rolex Submariner 16610 as well as on several Omegas on this forum (and off course other forums too).

I also was scammed by this "Altmann" person end of 2014. His real name is Christian Lofi.

He works under several Alias names: Steffen Altmann, Michael Holt, Markus Stanz.....others

From the records I find in the web he is active since 2005 (!). He went to prision 2009 for 2 y and 9 months and was again catched in 2011: seems he had to pay back some watches (Breitling 806) to people who had private court cases against him. Not sure if he went back to prision again: but its likley. This last catch was in Munich.

I filled a claim at federal police in Germany. His current place where he lives is unknown.

He is very eloquent when you call with him 1:1 and also writes in high level. He uses different bank acounts (off course). All banks which I would call "second/third row bank": normalpeople dont go for these type of bank.

I personally think working with wrong passports is much more illegal than being a watch scammer...anyhow with his history a 10 years+ prison is for sure.

Of course getting money back is one thing. More important is to get this guy down. I am willing to invest pretty far if some fellows here are willing to share their interest/ and some costs to hunt this person down.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please contact me if you are also interested in getting hold of this person !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greetings Schnappi

Edited Jun 14, 2015
  2. Pvt-Public Jun 14, 2015

WOW, this is a good place to expose scammers, but to also basically hunt them down? What's next, wanted posters. But on the other hand maybe one of the "Joisey" crowd can help you. I personally am out of the revenge business.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 14, 2015

Just moved to seller profiles and reviews section

4. schnappi Jun 14, 2015

not sure if this place is the better place. The other one got more attention: and this is what we need....protect people and also get some people on board to ensure this guy is brought down.

5. schnappi Jun 14, 2015

if all people being scammed would be claim at police than it would be much faster and easier to bring these people down.

6. Chris_X Jun 16, 2015

Hi all - I've also been scammed by this con-man and feel free to read my threads on this forum and on TZ-UK and on Watchesuseek . I have reported to the police who have investigated and written their prosecution file. I am this week waiting for my german solicitor to obtain the prosecution file and once I know the details I will start a civil prosecution against this person.

7. Chris_X Jun 16, 2015

Hi mate - where did you get this information from???

C

8. schnappi Jun 17, 2015

Hi this info is just from web research I did my own: i like google research !

Here an update from federal court in Germany. Lofi is already searched by several federal courts.
    He is going to be arrested as soon as they catch him ! There is at least one (if not more) arrest claims
    running !

rgds Schnappi

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 17, 2015

::popcorn::

Love a good hunt...

Good luck guys!

tpatta likes this.
  10. lenovou410 Dec 23, 2015

Is there any news on the Christian Lofi hunt?

11. npk May 16, 2016

Hello,

I also lost a lot of money on christmas 2014 in a faked deal with a Macbook.
    I went to the police and a few month later i get an letter from "Staatsanwaltschaft Bochum"
    that they not find him.

The name he used in this deal was Stefan Marolt.

If anyone knows something, i would be really happy if he can contact me.

Bye

12. schnappi Oct 23, 2017

13. schnappi Oct 23, 2017

Update the entire fake name bank accounts of Christian Lofi have been closed down and money has been kept. They also write of having several watches trapped in the amount of 12k. I have contact now with Staatsanwalt Bochum to hear more info the file number is 450 Js 5/15.

I check if a private court claim is necessary to get funds back.

14. schnappi Feb 17, 2019

15. schnappi Feb 17, 2019

I filed a private court case now against this Scammer in prison. So you get a titel on the money or watch he still needs to pay/ send me. As he is in prison already this case is a straight forward thing.