Forums Latest Members

ChrisN cjnwatch.co.uk best watchmaker I’ve ever used

1. Mr Blond May 3, 2019

If you need your watch serviced then I cannot recommend @ChrisN high enough.

I’ve used STS previously, before and after Simon Freese had left. Don’t get me wrong they did a great job but Cjnwatch.co.uk took it to the next level, this is how and why.

I sent my watch to Chris for a service following a brief email exchange regarding approximate cost. I shortly received a 20 odd page document detailing every aspect of watch. It was inspected under magnification and told me about oil marks on the dial which I’ve never even noticed before and how he could remove them. I had a scratch on the mineral crystal which you can no longer purchase from Omega as they have replaced it with a sapphire version. Chris managed to source a NOS mineral crystal on my behalf instead of having a newer sapphire version. I was delighted.

Without even asking I was constantly kept updated about what was happening to my watch, the 20 odd page document grew and grew to what ended up as a 78 page document with detailed pictures of every aspect of the watch at various different stages of the service.

I had a small mark on the edge of the dial which I hadn’t even asked him about and he mentioned how he can improve this and if I wanted him to go ahead with this. He really did go above and beyond my expectations of any watchmaker. I was not expecting this level of detail or scrutiny of my watch, his customer service and communications is excellent. Its arrived back today in a lovely hardback box, very well packaged and I couldn’t be happier, so thank you very much and I will be using you again.

A few of photos for you.

4169F35A-4881-4108-9436-3BD909839946.jpeg 319E540F-96FF-4DC2-B826-7EAB493981DE.jpeg 5391DD1B-AC91-4947-99AC-7B355B8AB144.jpeg
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 3, 2019

I've not used Chris for watch repair but he very generously helped me with an endpiece for a uncommon bracelet. He's a true gentleman!

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 3, 2019

As a bonus, Chris is a really nice guy.

4. 77deluxe May 3, 2019

Super Ploprof.

5. ChrisN May 3, 2019

Very good of you @Mr Blond. You were a pleasure to work with as well and
    thanks again for letting me add to this to my Instagram. I do tend to waffle on in these reports, though:rolleyes:.

This was an interesting case design, in particular, and the work that went into the design certainly impressed me. And a shout out to @Archer for discussion about this case design.

It's a terrific watch and having it in my workshop for a while made me change my opinion of these true diver watches. Not everyone likes these 1xxx calibres but this one runs beautifully and I'd be happy to have this on my wrist.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, @ahsposo and @dennisthemenace (have you been talking to my wife?:D).

Cheers, Chris

Edited May 3, 2019
  6. KAP May 3, 2019

I'd like to chime in...

I sent a PM to Chris a couple weeks ago about a Seamaster 120 watch of mine. He went beyond what could have been a simple reply and provided advice and reached out to his network to see if a replacement part was available. He is indeed generous with his time and knowledge and I appreciate Chris' posts and contribution to OF.

7. lando May 4, 2019

Chris has serviced some of my watches. His work has always exceeded my high expectations by far.

The document on the service work for each watch is truly special.

It is always a pleasure communicating with him, as there is so much dedication from his side and as he is such a nice guy.

:thumbsup:

Edited May 4, 2019
  8. ChrisN May 5, 2019

Many thanks @KAP, it was an interesting discussion.

And thanks as well to @lando who put his trust in me when I first started on customer watches. It's always a pleasure discussing watches with you and I'm always picking up information about collecting Omegas. This goes for quite a few customers/friends and is not good for my bank balance...

Regards, Chris