Forums Latest Members
  1. DeLorean623 Feb 1, 2017

I recently purchased my Omega Seamaster 600. The second hand was occasionally choppy, not smooth, jumpy, however you want to call it. I took it to the Omega authorized service center in Bucharest, thinking this would yield the best results. They tell me it's not possible to repair. Based on the research I've done on this forum and others, the cause of jumpy seconds is usually a spring that either needs to be adjusted or replaced. He tells me that for proper gear meshing there must be space in the gear train and that's what causes the jumpy seconds. He never mentioned the spring and brushed me off when I suggested it.

I'm very skeptical of the answer they gave because just about every time I've heard "it's not possible" while in Romania, what it really means is "I can't be bothered".

What do ya'll think?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 1, 2017

You are right - he could not be bothered. Although some backlash is required for the wheels (gears) to function smoothly and easily, the spring is intended to take up said backlash.

Cheers, Al

3. DeLorean623 Feb 1, 2017

Thanks Al. I'll be out of Romania back to the US sometime this year and will just wait until then to get it fixed properly.

Tyler