Choosing a strap

Good day to all. Just received my new purchase, yes it's not without it's flaws but i think its a nice looker for my budget.
It came with a blue leather strap, horrible, and i just cant decide what to replace it with. I do fancy an original vintage black leather strap but i assume it would probably cost more than the watch.
Any recommendations?
Thanx

There's a million different straps you could pair with that which would all look fantastic, and ultimately the choice is yours. I don't have any Omega branded straps but I have a few buckles, both vintage and modern, which I pair with a variety of straps. Since straps are more-or-less consumables I don't see much merit in keeping them the same brand when there's so much variety available.

Dark brown horween shell cordovan 😁
Rios1931 or Fluco, I prefer the unpadded.

I've seen a few "Omega" buckles, they look to fake. Maybe a nice strap with an original buckle, if it's possible to find and for an affordable price.

I've seen a few "Omega" buckles, they look to fake. Maybe a nice strap with an original buckle, if it's possible to find and for an affordable price.

It is not that hard to find genuine buckles. NOS Omega straps are usually smelly (I learned this the hard way), expensive, and not as durable as brand new straps.
Use this as a guide.

Thanx very much for your time, found a Rios1931 that i liked- now i need a gold Omega 16mm buckle.

upload_2020-8-10_11-5-0.png