Forums Latest Members
  1. bama2141 Mar 19, 2018

I’ve been interested in picking up one of the Speedmaster Teutonics to round out my small Omega collection, and I’ve so far narrowed my choices down to two models: the 1045 movement based MarkV, and the silver dialed 861 movement version.

Since I already own the MarkII (both the black and racing versions), the Mark IV, and the Mark 4.5, adding the MarkV would help fill out that collection (the MarkIII is simply unwearable for me).

On the other hand, my collection is dominated by black dialed chronographs. The silver dialed version would lend some needed variety.

Pictures of course (representative only, borrowed from the internet)

7616B550-424A-4C17-832E-2675A88507C1.jpeg 952838F5-CAB1-4141-B2E4-2D77EFFB66B8.jpeg

Open to all opinions. Especially would love to hear from anyone owning these unusual models in terms of wearability. Both models have solid reliable movements, so that doesn’t seem to be an issue. I know the case of the MarkV will be somewhat thicker, but it would still seem to be manageable.

Thanks for any responses!

Jamgantenk likes this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 19, 2018

These wear nicely. Well balanced on the wrist and the bracelets are quite comfortable.

One thing to consider is that cal.861 is probably easier to maintain in the long run. Cal.1045 is nice, but some parts are NLA, so could be a problem down the road.

Jamgantenk likes this.
  3. bama2141 Mar 19, 2018

Thanks. Agree the 861 is probably best for future service, but a bit surprised that parts for the 1045 are getting hard to come by. I thought it was only discontinued fairly recently. Didn’t someone (Sinn? Tutima?) put out a limited edition using that movement? Sad, since I really enjoy the centrally mounted chrono minutes hand on the 1045.

Jamgantenk and Ken G like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 19, 2018

yes, other brands used Lemania 5100 derived movement. Many parts are interchangeable, I would imagine. There are some from Tutima, PD, Lemania, Fortis to name a few. I'm not as familiar with those brands to tell you how commonly available parts would be though.

Jamgantenk likes this.
  5. Jamgantenk Jul 5, 2019

The grey dial is ref ST 3450803

And yes as mentioned by oddboy it wears surprisingly nice on the wrist perhaps because of the thin profile of the bracelet.

Does not wear too big at all despite the 43mm diameter (i still dont know how).

But the thin profile of the bracelet is also the downside of it. The head of the watch is too heavy to be supported by that bracelet, and i think this will make the bracelet worn out easier than most wristwatch.

I should know because earlier this year i got one for myself