Forums Latest Members

SOLD Chocolate 1969 Speedmaster £9,800

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 30, 2018

EDIT: This watch is now also going to Simon, and I am going to service it and adjust the hands so that they look less damaged. The watch will return to market in a few weeks at the same price, serviced and with the hands adjusted.)

There is talk of no good speedmasters on the market - here is a good one.

A correct, 2911 series, brown 145.022-69, patinated, unserviced - passed on as bought.

P3300030.jpg

This is in original correct specification untouched since I bought it in 2012 from a Hong Kong collector. I have not serviced it or done any work - apart from cleaning. It shows evidence of servicing before my ownership.

P3300024.jpg

I have always enjoyed brown dialed speedmasters and have learned a lot over the years - one advantage is that by having more than one, I have been able to compare and buy only special and attractive colours. Here is a comparison with a black dial.

P3300023.jpg

It is important to look close at these browns, and this one shows the kind of brown I like best, with sort of varying brown colour.

P3300026.jpg

P3300026-002.jpg

This has an almost perfect DO90 bezel.

P3300026-003.jpg

This is a really attractive, special speedmaster.

As I said I have not serviced it. The crystal shows wear and the pushers and crown will not be waterproof. This is not an everyday watch - now it could be possibly if it was serviced and the crystal, pushers and crown were replaced. I have not done this because it works, it looks good, and a full service might change the character a little. Or not.

So here is the back:

P3300029.jpg

correct period dust cover:

P3300017.jpg

And the inside of the case back, showing 145.022-69
    P3300002-001.jpg

The movement:

P3300010.jpg

Why am I selling?
    Well I have another, better one. As anyone who knows me through this forum knows, Mrs Fruit is getting a house and its costing me a fortune. I dont use banks to keep my wealth, I use objects and speedmasters are part of my wealth storage.

Who am I?
    I am a enthusiastic private collector, holding a large number of watches. I sell only when I need to finance something else. I do not acquire watches to profit, but to collect. Of course I welcome an uplift when I sell, but it is not my motive. I have many references here on this forum, and I wrote the site www.speedmaster101.com. My reputation is important to me.

Terms
    Payment by Bank Wire, in UK pounds sterling to my company account in Hong Kong, or Crypto currency. (HSBC compelled me to acquire my special objects through a company account, as the amounts were varying, unpredictable, and they would not let me do it through my private account. So thats why you have to send it to my company). If you are uncomfortable with this, then I will wait until you are.

Returns
    While they are not welcomed, I will take it back if you are seriously miserable and very, very nice about it. Obviously you have to pay the shipping, and get it back to me in the same condition as I sent it.

Delivery
    Face to face is welcome, in UK, GU8 area. UK delivery is by registered Mail, insured to 2500.
    Otherwise I can ship in USA via parcel pro after 18th April or any other way you want. Or Face to face in Chicago after 18th.

P3300006.jpg

Price is £9,800 and will includes RMSD in UK. Other delivery by negotiation.

Edited Apr 11, 2018
    mbeast, pitpro, s3lm3r and 39 others like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 31, 2018

So it has stopped raining for about 13 minutes, so I took Mrs Fruit out to revive her old career and model the watch.
    It was too cold for her fingers to actually do the strap up. (Apparently).
    P3310017.jpg

P3310007.jpg P3310011.jpg

3. Davidt Mar 31, 2018

My goodness! I am so, so tempted to get in touch about this watch but my own building works mean it's unfortunately not possible.

Absolutely stunning. GLWS this should be gone in a flash.

R3D9, Spacefruit and Pahawi like this.
  4. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 1, 2018

Beautiful colour on the dial and near perfect bezel. A really lovely, vintage, brown dial, Omega Speedmaster. GLWS.

5. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 1, 2018

Here's your chance. Money in the bank

6. jhross98 Apr 1, 2018

i am not generally interested in tropical dials. . .a watch like this could definitely change that!

Spacefruit likes this.
  7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 2, 2018

Yes it's the slight colour contrast. The deeper brown draws the eye into the sub-dials and gives them 'a depth' that you don't get with an 'evenly coloured' brown (or black) dial. A very attractive watch.

Spacefruit likes this.