Forums Latest Members

Charlotte NC - vintage watch heaven?

1. Norfolk Dec 26, 2020

May be spending more time down south in 2021...specifically the Carolinas. (Wife’s company HQ in Charlotte). Is there much of a vintage watch scene going on down there?. I’m NY based currently so have dealers, fleas, markets etc to waste hours in enjoyable banter and trading. Would love to hear from any OF members based there.
    And wishing all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

2. Norfolk Dec 30, 2020

Anyone in the Carolinas want to comment? Or is it a horological desert?!!

3. kip595 Dec 30, 2020

I'm further down near Hilton Head SC/Savannah GA, but tbh finds around me have been few and far between the last year or so that I've been here...it's actually made me miss L.A., let alone London.

4. High Hope Dec 30, 2020

Winston-Salem area for me the past three years. Windsor Jewelers is here and they also have a shop in Charlotte. Owner Rob is cultivating a group of aficionados but it seems as soon as I began attending various events COVID hit. Besides Windsor I haven’t had much luck in town. There are a million pawn shops and w enough patience you might eventually score a watch I suppose, but pawn shops aren’t on my list of favorite things to do.

5. Norfolk Dec 31, 2020

thanks - sounds like a barren landscape....might need some work!

6. janice&fred Dec 31, 2020

I know our MWR pal Jack of IWW is in North Carolina. Don't really know much about the Charlotte area watch-wise although we spent a lot of time in that area as the sponsor for our drag race team was headquartered there. One thing for sure is they take their racing seriously down in them there parts. Every time we ran at one of those IHRA 1/8 mile tracks we got our asses handed to us. :D