Forums Latest Members
  1. Gderrico Sep 10, 2015

can anyone give me advice on changing my braclet to strap on my bond Aqua terra le. I have the omega tool and instructions but I can't seem to remove it without feeling like I'm gonna scratch or damage the time piece.

2. wsfarrell Sep 10, 2015

Probably not a bad idea to buy a couple of inexpensive metal-bracelet watches at Target and practice with them. You'll still put scratches on the AT, but they'll be minimal, usually on the undersides of the lugs.

Gderrico likes this.
  3. cuts33 Sep 10, 2015

Place the watch head face down on a microfiber cloth so the front crystal does not get scratched.

Always work from the underside of the watch.

Until you get the hang of it you can also put masking tape on the underside of the lugs so as not to scratch it.

Then you just put the spring bar tool in, push the end of the spring bars towards the middle while putting some pressure on the bracelet and it should pop off pretty easily.

There are some good videos on youtube if you look around.

Gderrico likes this.
  4. ducatiti Sep 10, 2015

Recently did this for the first time. Used plastic wrap and blue tape. Better safe than sorry.

I had to guide the first pin out of the hole slightly, then proceeded to other side and it popped right off. Key for me was to make sure the first side is already off the hole. Just push the band slightly while pushing the pin in with your tool.

Hope his helps.

falcon4311 and Gderrico like this.
  5. falcon4311 Sep 15, 2015

That's the way to do it.One other thing, don't do what so many others do and press the spring bar tool up against the lug in order to get the spring bar pop out. You will dent the lug; use your bird flipping finger to apply downward pressure and as mentioned,it will come out, turn it around and do the same thing on the other side. Also make sure you have your fingers slightly pulling on the strap or bracelet to keep the pin from going back in.