Forums Latest Members
  1. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 20, 2016

I have finally purchased an original crystal with the large white retension ring for my Railmaster 2914 which will finally make the face of this beautiful watch look as it should. Only I am not exactly sure if the exchange is done as with a Speedmaster where I already executed it several times.

My question: Do I need to remove the outside retension ring (silver bezel) or does it remain in place during the process? Or do I simply press out the old crystal and this bezel will come off by itself?

ock2915 likes this.
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 20, 2016

the ring stays in place when pressed in. simply pop off the old crystal with your thump and press the new one in. some lubrication of the edges will assist..... show the finished work, pls. kind regards. achim

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  3. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 20, 2016

Achim, thank you a lot! I was hoping that you would drop in and give me the advice :thumbsup:
    Will post pics from the result.

4. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 21, 2016

Finish. Once again thank you achim for the adivse :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 21, 2016

6. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 21, 2016

Fantastic piece :thumbsup:
    It took me a while to fall in love with these rare birds because they are not spectacular and usually the dials are pretty much with patina (My wife: What an ugly watch! :D).
    But it is very comfortable to wear those and the broad arrows are simply stunning. I only need the little inside ring that holds the distance between the mumetal cap and the caseback. Hope to find one one day.

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 21, 2016

have a back and the spring on the bay in the moment...... kind regards. achim

8. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Sep 21, 2016

Nice rail masters! One day...