Forums Latest Members
  1. zekeryan56 Jan 31, 2015

I'm interested in buying a vintage omega, I've seen cf-kens adds, and am a little nervous as this will be my most expensive watch purchase just wondering if anyone has dealt with him and how was the experience.

2. Davidt Jan 31, 2015

Check out the seller reviews section for other people's experiences

3. zekeryan56 Jan 31, 2015

Thank you, I verified the seller through his eBay account, my apologies for posting in the wrong area. I'm new to the forum.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 31, 2015

People: if some one creates a thread to ask about a seller you may choose to answer or not based on your knowledge. It is not appropriate to use that thread to recommend another seller. You can always PM the party if you wish, but lets keep answers here on the topic of inquiry.
    This shows respect for all parties involved. None of our sellers appreciate "buyer poaching"
    Thanks.

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 31, 2015

Got it Cicindela, but it's not quite buyer poaching if I don't get anything out of it. I would say "stating" someone is reputable for sure doesn't negate the legitimacy of someone else. I am not acting as a seller, nor offering him a sale, simply stating that I can vouch for someone else if he is not confident on his current options.

In any event what is the actual difference on dong it though PM other than being shady? better to be upfront no?

But, your forum your rules.

Z. on response to your question, I do not know that seller or his references, you can check around the forum or better yet ask him for referrals from buyers,

6. zekeryan56 Jan 31, 2015

He gave me a link to the same item on eBay(he has it up there) the eBay account u der the user he said he is has 100% positive feedback and what seemed to be hundreds of sales with almost all positive feedback, I then messeged the eBay seller asking if he is cf-ken from the omega forum. He confirmed that yes that is indeed his user name. I feel confident In The purchase, I'll use PayPal or even eBay to complete the purchase In two weeks which is when I plan on buying to ensure my security. Of he is a scammer he has put ten years of positive eBay transaction s many for decent priced watches and that's more devotion. Than most sets have haha but thank you all for the responses, and I'll be sure to post the results and photos of my speedy on delivery(fingers crossed) haha

7. zekeryan56 Jan 31, 2015

Sorry for the typos I'm on my phone.

8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 31, 2015

It would indeed be a very co,plicated way to run his business. Looks like you'll have a new baby soon. Enjoy!!

9. zekeryan56 Jan 31, 2015

thanks Sergio, I'm pretty darn excited!

10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 1, 2015

Lets say your the seller and another seller has the same watch, and i post up the buyer shouldn't buy from YOU but buy from HIM just because HE is known on the forums as a legit seller, you would be more than annoyed at that outcome because you have personally lost a sale all because i 'pushed' the other seller on to your buyer.

Same difference in my eyes. AT the end of the day everyone has to start somewhere. Doing it through PM is discreet and private rather for the wold to see.

CF-ken has been a seller on here for a long time and as a moderator(s) we have NO REASON to have any distrust in him - Safe to buy in my eyes.

Please remember we all have a reputation to uphold and rules are there to be adhered to, thats why they are in place.

Thx

afinewatch likes this.